Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » The Chaos War Archives » Defending Silver Creek

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Silver Creek
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm 

Cian had been staring at the village, he'd done his best to fight off sleep as much as he could. Cip and Nuij were still gone, as much as he didn't want to admit it he was worried. He wondered if anything had happened to them? He'd just met two people he respected, maybe even could trust and now he wasn't sure if he'd lost them or not. The priest that had tended to him had stopped by a few times and attempted to converse with him, but Cian wasn't in the mood to hear about the gods. The gods had never been real to him, he focused on what he could touch, see and knew for the moment.

The priest asked him about some of the old scars on his back, Cian didn't answer. Those were best not remembered, the beatings with Emir were a result of his former captivity. Something he didn't relish remembering. Turning on his side the boy closed his eyes and began to fall asleep, several tears finally began to roll down his face as he felt his heart sinking. Thinking to himself as he drifted off into slumber. Cip...Nuij..if I loose them, it'll..be because ...I was too weak.. helpless just like before...damn.

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:15 pm 

Cian awoke with a bit of a start, as a damp cloth was being gently pressed to his forehead. One of the priests was tending to him, redressing his wounds while he'd slept. The boy felt warm, he had a very mild fever. Trying to sit up, he was edged back down to the pallet where he'd lain. The priest looked at him sharply, then finished and spoke. "Easy lad, you'll heal soon enough. You have a slight fever, we've treated your wounds and they'll heal. But you won't if you keep moving around so much. Now rest!!!"

Cian looked at the man and nodded, he was right. For perhaps the first time, it began to sink in. Maybe Cip and Nuij didn't need his help? Cip was a knight and Nuij...well she had the skills of a trained silencer. Cian watched the priest leave, then turned his gaze back to the village. Reaching for his pack he removed his flute and began to play a song his mother had taught him. It was a soft gentle melody full of happiness and sadness, the boy played with some skill as some of the people around stopped to listen. Cian closed his eyes as he played, trying to remember the face of his mother and family, hoping to calm his mind.

Cian had finished playing, he was glad that some of the townsfolk had enjoyed his flute playing. It gave them something else to think about rather than the loss of home and hearth, the death of loved ones. The priests were still tending to the sick and wounded, but he could no longer hear fighting. It could be that the few knights that were fighting had routed the goblins, had been defeated. Either way things were dying down, Cian fought to keep his eyes open, but he was still exhausted and the fever didn't help much. Finally giving in to sleep his eyes closed. Damn..can't stay awake. Too tired, maybe I'll just sleep a bit.

A priest approached and checked on the boy, his fever had yet to break. The rest would do him good, at least he'd stopped fighting sleep and was resting. Noticing the flute he picked it up and placed in Cian's hand, smiled and went on to assist his brothers with other matters.

Nuij looked as the goblins were in a full retreat, knowing that this battle had been won and they were safe for now she moved as best she could. "I think he should be fine, though we won even if it seemed like the battle was against us." As they approached where the priests were one of them motioned to Ciprian and Nuij as they were both given places to rest. Nuij glanced at Cian as she passed him and let him know they were ok and she wanted to talk to him, using the hand code common amongst thieves and silencers. "Thanks Cip, I do owe my survival to you. To be honest, I feel safe when your near and I thought you should know that." She then lay there as the priests tended to her wounds once again and fixed her up as best they could given they had done so much already here, quickly falling asleep as a blanket was placed over her to keep her from getting too cold once they were done.

Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:16 pm 
Z's Account

Cip's mouth hung open for a brief moment, and then he grinned. A priest came and guided him away to be healed and Ciprian's grin faded to a pained wince.

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

The innkeeper walked up beside her and looked at her, shaking his head he looked to Cip. "She's got a lot of spirit and the way she was lookin' at ye I think that you've left quite an impression, she's ne'er really been to open with anyone. Don't let this chance slip away lad, I think she likes ye but can't admit it to herself yet." Nuij was sleeping and didn't hear his words; if she had of and had been able he'd have gotten a good elbow to the side for that.

Z's Account

Cip was laying on a blanket on the grassy hill outside of town. He was healed, but still weak. The front of his shirt and breeches had been stained with his blood and as the innkeeper spoke to him, Cip chuckled weakly to himself. "I know opportunity when I see it..." he murmured and dozed off.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Cian breathing heavily, his heart was beating fast as he'd just come out of a bad dream he guessed. Only he couldn't remember it for the life of him. He was still sore and noticed it was much later, than when he'd fallen asleep. The encampment of townsfolk was still a bit hustled with people busy, or a priest here or there checking up on the wounded. Looking over he was relieved to see Ciprian and not too far away Nuij, the boy was relieved. He hated to admit it to himself, but he'd become attached to Knight and dark elf woman. Cip treated him well, and was kind and friendly. Nuij respected him and also treated him kindly, he felt a special kinship with her considering the similarity in their chosen trades.

Cian groaned a bit as he got up on shaky legs, his shirt was sweat soaked, apparently the slight fever he had either broke or was breaking. Reaching into his pack he removed a fresh shirt, then stopped one of the priests. After asking the holy man where he could find a water barrel not being used for drinking, but with clean enough water where he could wash some of the sweat from him. He headed off to do so.

After washing up a bit and changing into a fresh shirt, Cian headed back to the camp. He was surprised to see the priest that had healed him was waiting, with crossed arms looking at him sternly. "Lad, you are one of the most obstinate person's I've ever known. Well..at least you seem well enough to walk. I wanted to ask you how you came by those lash scars on your back? I was wondering...was it your father?"

Cian looked at the priest and spoke. "Sigh..you're just determined to pester me aren't you? Very well...no..it wasn't my father or mother. They're dead, it was my owner...I'm..I was a slave. And if my previous owner ever catches me..he'll probably kill me or worse. The lash is no..stranger to me. Thanks I know you're trying to help..but...I trust my friends. If I tell anyone anything, it'll be them."

The priest looked in shock, but Cian didn't really feel like talking anymore. Looking at the boy with a mixture of pity and sorrow he replied. "I see child, well if you ever do wish to talk. I will be here and from what I've seen you've chosen your friends wisely. Be good to them." With that the priest went to see to others. Cian returned to his pallet, pulled out a few stale biscuits from his pack and ate slowly pondering the man's words.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:17 pm 
Z's Account

Ciprian opened his eyes as he heard Cian's reply and he listened, staring up at the dark, overcast sky. Poor kid. Slavery is an abomination, Ciprian thought. Slavery had been outlawed decades ago in Valis, long before he was born. He has so much potential, for anything he could want to do. If he'll let me, I'd like to train him, maybe he could make a good knight one day.

Ciprian propped himself up on his elbows and looked over at Cian munching on a biscuit not to far from him. "Cian, why don't you come over here?"

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:18 pm 

Cian was feeling a bit better. Grabbing his things the boy moved over to where Cip was and offered him a biscuit. "Want one? They're a bit stale but filling. I'm glad you and Nuij are okay Cip. You guys are..are..great. If you'd gotten hurt I'd be..sad."

The boy opened his pack took out three colored balls and began juggling them with the adept skill of trained jester. Cian was happy he had his friends back, they were okay and he was fine. The goblins were gone and the town could be repaired. An innocent, happy expression filled his face as he enjoyed one to the all too brief moments in his life he'd actually felt like a child and not had to act as an adult to survive.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:18 pm 
Z's Account

Ciprian took the offered biscuit and chewed on it. Indeed it was a bit stale, but he didn't want to be rude and refuse it. Cian started juggling and Cip smiled a little as he watched. Cip decided not to ruin the moment by saying what he overheard moments before. He laid back and relaxed, then glanced over at Nuij. She was still asleep, wrapped in a blanket and looked very defenseless at the moment.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 pm 

After several minutes Nuij stirred lightly and rolled over, awake but her whole body weak enough to make only minor movements possible she did her best to smile. Seeing Cian was up and juggling she watched for a few moments until he noticed she was awake, not really wanting anyone to see her in this condition but it could not be helped. "Good, it's just the two of you. I hope not many were lost in the battle, and I'm glad to see your both alright. I need to tell the both of you something, which is something I've not told anybody since it happened."

From when she was turning parts of criss-crossing scars could be seen around the area of the back of her shoulder blades, some resembled three headed whips and others just single headed ones. Though from what was visible the rest of her back was obviously going to bear worse marks, she didn't seem to care if they saw them now as she could trust them. "Don't mind the scars, what I want to say involves them. It's time you both knew what happened to me in the past, why I am sometimes so tormented over it."

She pulled the blanket tighter around her as she shivered slightly, she felt so cold right now and only wanted to warm up. Her mind drifted to her parents and what her father told her before he was killed; speaking it in a very low tone she held the blankets with an iron grip as she also spoke to herself. "Don't let then take your virtues, always remember your mother and I will be with you... I'm sorry it had to end like this, but now even the house is gone. We got everybody out safely though, I know that would be what you would have only really wanted."

She looked to the two of them as a tear fell to the surface she was laying on, the memory hurt so much though now it also reminded her of what she saw in Ciprian. Within his strong eyes she saw so much of what her mother had seen in her father, now she knew why they stayed together till the bitter end. She didn't know how to approach the topic, she just wished she could tell him the truth of how she felt yet still she was scared to.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:19 pm 

Cian listened as Nuij spoke, she had so much in common with him, she'd even been beaten and lost her family also. For a person with her strength and determination to bare their soul to anyone, took a lot. And it meant a lot to Cian. Placing the balls down he, looked at Nuij a few tears filled his eyes and the young boy removed his shirt to reveal a myriad of scars also along his back. Some were deep and some had the shape of thieves code, they were leftovers from one of Emirs training sessions. The boy began to speak in a slow steady tone as he looked at them. "Nuij...we have something in common. I lost my family..my entire people. We were known as the Han'eel, it means 'Those who give joy and laughter.' My people were nomads performers, musicians, acrobats and artists, my father was the leader of our small troupe. We'd travel from place to place providing entertainment for a modest fee, food or whatever people would give." Cian stopped for a moment, before continuing. His throat felt constricted but he soon continued.

"I was..so young I..don't remember why or how it happened, but we were raided by slavers. They slaughtered everyone and took the women and the children, my mother and sister all of us who survived were taken to a place I doubt many know of. Slaves are bought there or traded, my mother devised an escape plan with some others and was badly beaten...she...she never recovered..she died in my arms." By now tears streamed down the boy's face, as he stopped fighting back a sob. Tightening his fists, as he spoke, his voice began to quiver slightly. "I was sold separately from my sister Linette...a man named Emir bought me and trained me, I'm nothing but property to him, if he finds me he'll probably kill me. Emir let's nothing escape that's his, but I don't care, I decided to be free... to find Linette. I don't know how, but I will find her. I know she was bought by a well to do family, and.....and I hav..have to find her. So I know...at least a bit how you feel Nuij...please don..don't cry."

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:20 pm 

Nuij looked at Cian and nodded gravely, so he knew how she felt. Motioning to him to come over and sit she smiled and tried to sit up, the truth had to come out. Looking to Ciprian as well she finally spoke. "Your people would be proud that you chose to fight against this atrocity, nobody should be a slave as it is wrong. I know more than you may think on the past, for women slavery is often more scarring and emotionally damaging. I was twenty and my family was making a delivery to Beld, my mother was an apothecary who made poisons and herbal mixtures. I can barely remember it, we were attacked by demons who instead of killing us they dragged us off. I woke up in a cell, chained to the wall with a simple long cloth tunic on. My family was beside me, almost dead but severely tortured. All I can remember from then was being forced to work for them, a few times they were touching me and they even had me pinned and tried to take me after tearing away the tunic. One of them always guarded me, as in essence he was my owner and each time they tried he stopped them. After six months my father tried to escape, what they did to my mother was so horrible. First she was taken then they killed her, forcing us to watch. He died after that, in his death he left me an opening to escape. I ran, took out several of them with his sword but got caught. It was after that they brutally beat me, those scars on my back are from that whip. After that my master trained me as an assassin, they tried to corrupt me so I would serve them as an agent in the outside world. After a few years I escaped, stole a small boat and drifted till I reached a fishing village. They brought me back to health and I returned home, since then I have turned my skills on demons. I will not forgive their kind, I have an ability to make them weak. Their taint when brought with light gave me a powerful gift, one I have used effectively. It's ok Cian, I'll help you find your sister and get Emir off your back. You don't need to worry anymore, I'll make sure he knows your no longer his. I know what it is like too, at least you have a chance to know true family. I just hope that your sister is alive and well, so that you can find her. I worry about her now, what I faced was harsh enough and she could be in the same situation..."

She then smiled warmly and lay there, showing them the scars in her back. She seemed to tremble as the memories of her life before this came back, a loving home and family. Tears did not come but instead a sense of calm about her, she was trying to remember something important.

"I know my name, don't tell anyone this but I have a name. Ankira Katumas, my father was a knight in the service of the kingdom of Flaim He was a shining example of all that was true, and the reason I have sought to redeem my name before I use it once more. Cian I can train you in the arts of a silencer, because when Emir has to be faced it should be you who faces him. I can teach you all I know for then, but I cannot face him for you. You do understand that, you have that strength inside of you to defeat him and win your freedom for good. Even if he must die then do what you must, though you have shown so much today in that battle. That is true courage, facing whatever comes your way and standing up for your beliefs." She gave him some hand code indicating that she would protect him like her own kin, then looking to Ciprian she drew in a breath and spoke.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:20 pm 
Z's Account

"Ciprian, I don't know what to say. I guess I was afraid to admit it to myself but I need to tell you something, you mean more to me than I have said before. My father would have approved of you, I can't deny the truth that I do feel for you more than a friend." Reaching out with her good arm she laid her hand on his free hand and held it lightly, wondering how he would react to her confession about him and her past. She hoped he would know what she was saying, but at the same time her eyes showed she was unsure of a lot With her other hand she held something and looked at Cian.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Archives » The Chaos War Archives » Defending Silver Creek