Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » The Chaos War Archives » Alni & Katela's Journey

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Rescuing Katela: Bandit Safehouse
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:45 am 

Before long, they finally made it to the clearing in which the bandit's safehouse was. Phaelle gestured for her allies to duck between the large roots of the tree she had hid behind before and whispered: "This is the place. There's a front entry over there. I killed one of the bandits earlier, so that leaves the two dark elves, Dyred and perhaps an handful of the others inside."

Phaelle's eyes swept through them. "Unless someone else has a better idea, here's the plan. I'll cast an attack spell on the house. that should draw their attention. I'm good enough a menace to keep them busy for a time."

"David and Alni... once some of them get out, you should try to sneak in. Alni should try locating Katela, while you David will have to protect her." he vampire held David's eyes. "I can't get in that safehouse, David, so I'll be counting on you to watch after her."

The human gave a silent nod and placed his hand loosely around his sword's pommel. "You can count on me."

Phaelle smiled and gave him an approving nod. "Meanwhile, I'll probably be fighting outside. Both dark elves will want to destroy me for good. It's likely to have become personall to them, and they'd have good reason to be confident after my earlier near-defeat."

The vampire looked at 'the Ghost' "You can do as you please. I've led you to your quarry, so, essentially, you have no more need of us. We will wield the four dark elven ears you need for your payment... but the female dark elf going by the name of Sura is my kill. You can deal with the other as you like, bu if I don't get Sura... let's just say I'm going to feel very upset." She shook her head, "Anyhow, that's what I propose. If anyone else has a better idea, speak now... or else we prepare and attack."

Post subject: Re: Rescuing Katela: Bandit Safehouse
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:45 am 

"Good luck with that, sweetie." Al said in an amused voice, giving Phaelle a quick peck on the cheek before moving by and positioning himself in preparation for his own personal attack. "Spirits of invisability, let your form become my form..." As he said this he was slowly enveloped in shadows and dissapeared.

Albedo Oaks (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Azala (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Epros Telason (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Fenix Greywords (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:46 am 

Phaelle blinked, her eyes almost comically wide in incredulity. With a hiss, she brushed away her surprise and looked at Alni. "You should get into position too. Once the fighting starts, rushing in from the side and go in the house. stop for nothing! I need you to get Katela out of there as quickly as you can and then escape outside."

"If anything comes up in your way, strike hard at it. You should have the element of surprise on your side. If you have trouble escaping, break one of the windows up front were I will be and I'll try to cushion your fall."

Phaelle came closer and the rag-clothed vampire hugged Alni. "Go now... and focus on rescuing Katela."

David loosened his sword from it's sheath and waited on Alni to move to the side of the manorhouse. He already had a good idea of where they could hide until the time was right, and he was already mapping his way in as well as were he would go once they escaped with Katela.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:47 am 

Since Phaelle's visit--and assumed demise--the day before, ten other bandits had stopped at the safehouse. They were from elsewhere in the area and stopped by to deposit loot and get a good meal and rest, and possibly a lay from Daeira or Sura. A few wanted a go at the new half-elf, but Aelis was very protective of her. She wasn't in good enough shape for that and he didn't want her any worse damaged than she already was.

He was certain the vampire was destroyed in the fire spell, and since she came alone, he assumed her companions Dyred and Devin spoke of were dead. Aelis was still a little cautious, since he couldn't be sure of the other two still lived or not, or if they would attempted a rescue.

There were guards posted at the safehouse, but only one at the front door, one in back, and two who scouted the area around the house. The usual, when there were four men to fill the position. None of them were at all aware of possible attacks and they were killing time by playing cards or dice, or drinking.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:47 am 
Z's Account

Alni felt a little jealous that "Ghost" had kissed Phaelle, but she couldn't allow herself to dwell on that with Katela to save. As they neared the house, Alni became anxious. Adrenaline was pumping through her, but she had a strange amount of courage, possibly a side effect of Phaelle's blood.

The half-elf nodded to Phaelle and pulled away from her, silently stalking through the underbrush. There was a man sitting near the front door of the manor house, looking as if he were playing cards with himself on the porch.

As Alni moved around to the side, she saw another bandit leaning against the side wall lighting his pipe casually. Alni crouched in the bushes and watched the smoker with fierce golden eyes. She eased her sword in it's sheath, waiting impatiently for the first sound of a fight.

A girl with permanent tears
Born without a family
Born without a name
All she ever wanted
Was to wipe her tears away

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:48 am 

Before she herself headed out toward the front of the house, the vampire rehearsed her plan in her head. After mulling it over for a few seconds and finding it sound, she made her first preparations. Once again, she called upon the Leprechaun and bid her to assist her in battle. What she asked was simple. When she would call for him, he would make another illusion helping her to fake her death. Not so much for fleeing as for a feint.

She followed up with calling to the pixies to shield her from sight. Invisible, she slipped past the vegetation riming the manorhouse, as fleet of foot as in her days as a ranger in Marmo's Dark Forest. As soon as she cleared the trees, her hands swept up.

"Sylph, spirit of the air!" she called. Her form came back to visibility as the two bandits up form started, "Like deadly hail, pummel into my enemies!"

The spirit manisfested itself and, moments later, both unfortunates were blasted away from where they had been, ramming their back with bone jarring strength into the wooden boards. Wood splintered, bones snapped and they fell limp. The vampire didn't pause though. She summoned Sylph again and air blasted forth from the undead dark elf's fingers, hammering into the front doors with the strength of a battering ram.

This ought to have their attention, if they haven't picked up my smell yet. She thought with satisfaction. "Do I have to use Salamander to smoke you rats out, or are you coming by yourselves?!" Phaelle called out, her tone intentionally dripping with smugness. "I might not be able to enter your home, but I can certainly destroy it!" She had to focus everyone's ire on her if she was going to be a good diversion.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:49 am 
Z's Account

Katela woke with a jump to the sounds of battle outside. Had Alni and David returned for her? Then she heard Phaelle's voice, much to her pleasure. She's still alive! Katela was alone, Daeira was...indisposed elsewhere. There was a guard at her door though. Sorely, Katela tip-toed to the window to look outside. She couldn't see Phaelle, she was under the eaves of the porch. Katela hoped she wasn't alone. She still had most of clothes, her dress and the shrug style jacket. Aelis was considering taking her to a priest of Marfa or Falis to be healed. If she showed up dressed in the skimpy outfits Daeira and Sura wore, they likely would have taken Katela in and smote Aelis.

Katela dressed and quietly pulled on her boots. As she moved back to her bed, a loose floor board creaked under her slight weight.

Surprisingly, with all the commotion outside, her guard demanded, "What are you doing in there? There's nothing outside for you to see wench!"

Katela made a sound of crying, then climbed back into her bed. When someone came to save her, she'd be ready. The half-elf's heart was pounding in her chest with anxiety.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 am 

Meanwhile, the 'ghost' had moved away from the others, already slitting the throat of the guard to the back door and disposing of the body. He then waited for Phaelle's distraction, his ears perking, waiting for the other door to open and for the bandits to all be outside. Then he could walk in and do his work. He readied a dagger and waited, he could be patient in this.

Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 am 
Z's Account

The guard at the side of the house bolted to the front without a second thought. Alni darted out from her hiding place and crossed the yard as silently as she could. She reached the wall and pressed herself against it, slinking down toward the back door.

As Alni came around to the back, she was surprised to see Ghost waiting there. The guard had already been taken care of. Since he obviously knew what he was doing, she would follow his lead.

Born without a family
Born without a name
All she ever wanted

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:54 am 

Aelis burst from his bedroom with Sura when he heard Phaelle. "That vampire still lives? GET OUT HERE! WE HAVE AN INTRUDER!" Aelis called down the hall. Katela's gaurd stood at her door, though he likely didn't need to be told, Aelis pointed a long finger at him. "Stay there!"

Buttoning his shirt, the dark elf hurried downstairs, Sura following obediantly in his footsteps. From the lower level rooms, men were approaching the front door. As he came downstairs, he was already shouting orders. It seemed most of them were dumbly ready to defend against the vampire. Aelis knew that she likely wasn't alone. If she was still alive, it was possible she was only testing their strength. "You! Get to the back door! Dyred, Go get the half-elf and try to get her out of here! Two men rushed toward the kitchen where the back door was. Dyred slipped by Aelis and Sura and ran upstairs. Aelis was followed by two men from upstairs.

Daeira dressed in the little cloth that she could dare call clothes and left the room of her last encounter. The man she was with went downstairs when Aelis called. Daeira didn't double as a fighter like Sura, so she would "wait it out" in their room. She couldn't waste the distraction, so she quickly formulated and escape plan, took a candleholder from the room she was in and returned to her room.

The guard was unsuspecting, she walked up to him, he opened the door for her and when he turned his back, she clocked him over the head with the candle holder she had been holding behind her back the whole time. He crumbled to the floor unconscious. Daeira looked into the bedroom to see Katela was in her bed. However, hearing the guard being knocked out made the half-elf jolt up. Daeira saw she was already dressed. "Come on!" she said and waved the girl on. Daeira paused to take the guard's cloak and wrap it around herself.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:54 am 

Albedo glanced at Alni, then went back to leaning against the back of the house. Well, thats what it looked like, except his ears twitched ever so lightly at any slight noise. He frowned, they did send a back guard. Two people, neither one very skilled with a weapon, at least, by thier footfalls.

"Well damn." He said flaty, drawing his sword out with one hand and holding out his other. "Spirit of darkness, come to my hand. Let the power of my soul be released!"

He turned while he said this, a black spirit sitting in his hand, then becomming a black ball of energy as he kicked in the door. He rushed one bandit, bringing his sword up to meet the bandits, then sent the dark spirit at the other, sending the fellow to the floor, sliding several meters. "Why do you fight? You can't win."

When he said this a dagger appeared in his hand, and with a quick movement of his arm he jammed it in the bandit's neck, then kicked him away, leaving the recovering bandit. He brandished his sword and struck the final one through the heart.

"So much for the sentry. You comming in?" He kept his eyes on the door leading to the next room, not looking back at Alni. "You want to save your friend, correct?"

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:55 am 
Z's Account

Alni's jaw dropped. At first she was surprised that a half-light elf summoned dark spirits, but that was soon forgotten as she saw how easily he had dispatched the bandits. It was...strangely arousing. Either it was Ghost's beauty, his skill, or that vampire blood going to her head, or maybe all of it combined, but Alni nearly forgot her mission. For a brief moment, she watched him with a lustful gaze, then crossed the threshold of the house, remembering Katela.

Alni pulled her gaze away from Albedo and listened closely. All her senses seemed sharper. "It sounds like they're all up front, Kat's probably upstairs somewhere....I think I can smell her."

Born without a family
Born without a name
All she ever wanted

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:55 am 

"Hmm..." Albedo looked back at Alni, something was definatly up with her. Maybe the vampire blood wasn't such a good idea on her. He approached the girl, patted her head, then put his hand out, dropping several knives into her hand. "YOu'll need these more then me. Remember, if you die, you become a vampire."

He felt a bit disarmed without his knives, but her turned back to the door, opened it, and was only slightly surprised to see that there was indeed a stairwell. His ears twitched, there was definatly movement going on. "On your guard, it seems the fighting has moved inside as well..."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 am 

Eliamn wrote:
The spirit manisfested itself and, moments later, both unfortunates were blasted away from where they had been, ramming their back with bone jarring strength into the wooden boards. Wood splintered, bones snapped and they fell limp. The vampire didn't pause though. She summoned Sylph again and air blasted forth from the undead dark elf's fingers, hammering into the front doors with the strength of a battering ram.

This ought to have their attention, if they haven't picked up my smell yet. She thought with satisfaction. "Do I have to use Salamander to smoke you rats out, or are you coming by yourselves?!" Phaelle called out, her tone intentionally dripping with smugness. "I might not be able to enter your home, but I can certainly destroy it!" She had to focus everyone's ire on her if she was going to be a good diversion.

In the foyer, Devin inched toward the door, trembling. Aelis was surprised the boy hadn't wet himself yet. With a shaky hand, the pimple faced teenager opened the door. "She's ALIVE?!" he squawked, his voice breaking as he did.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 am 

Phaelle and Devin eyed each other for a moment. A tense silence passed between the shivering boy and the diminutive dark elven vampire.

"W-What are you doing here?!" Devin managed.

"The world of the dead held little appeal, so I decided to come back and play with the living. It seems to be the trend these days, don't you think?" she said, stretching languidly.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Archives » The Chaos War Archives » Alni & Katela's Journey