Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » The Chaos War Archives » Alni & Katela's Journey

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Rescuing Katela: Bandit Safehouse
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:57 am 

When Phaelle and Alni came in, the three others were in an argument, with Dyred helplessly standing between them. David was arguing against dragging Dyred on a rope from the horses.

"Come on ladies. It's not because he was a criminal that you should stoop to his level." he said, trying to appeal to their better nature.

However, a chill swept through the horses as they felt the vampire's presence. Most of them grew nervous and skittish. Phaelle shot them a wounded look, but then walked through the stables and walked over to Katela. "Hello Katela." she said, smoothly cutting in the conversation. "I am pleased to see you feeling well again."

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:57 am 
Z's Account

Katela stuck her nose in the air. "I don't care! He hurt me, I want him to hurt too," she pouted. She glanced at Phaelle and Alni, then scrunched up her nose at David. She seemed like her usual self, but Alni worried that she was just hiding her pain. "Oh! Alni, take the gray. Phaelle, you can take that bay," Katela guestured to the horses she'd picked out. "Let's get out of here!"

Alni took the horse she'd been offered and climbed into the worn saddle. She gave the mare a reassuring pat on the neck and waited for the others.

Katela quickly mounted as well, but winced and doubled over in the saddle after she swung her leg over.

"Kat!" Alni called in concern, but the half-elf waved her away.

"I'll live, just get me to a temple," Katela replied in a pained voice.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:59 am 

David made a sigh and got on his own horse after tying up Dyred to his saddle. He couldn't help shrik at actually torturing the man. Phaelle didn't seem to mind that. Actually, what Phaelle actually was bothered about was Katela's ignorance of her greeting. The vampire was trying to convince herself that the half-elf was overwrought, but, on the other hand, Katela has been lightly mistreated and raped. On the other hand, Phaelle had been bitten, clawed, chewed, cut, slashed, stabbed, burned, scorched, trampled and a few other things since they set out to rescue Katela.

The vampire finally gave a shrug. She still felted slighted a bit, but her having feed almost made up for it. She decided to push the matter aside. She walked up to her own horse. the animal began edging sideways. The vampire tried to gain a hold of the saddle to pull herself up like she used to centuries ago, but the beast was proving stubborn. Finally, she tried to pat it reassuringly on the muzzle, but the rubbery lips pulled back and it tried to bite her.

That was the last straw. She couldn't hit Katela... but she could hit the horse! Her fist lifted up and rammed on the beast's forehead. The animal amusingly went cross-eyed and slumped on it's legs as it fell unconscious. "Don't you try and bite me!" the vampire shrieked at the comatose animal.

David gaped, but then he turned his head toward a sudden 'thump' behind him. Dyred had fainted.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:00 am 
Z's Account

Alni, Katela and Daeira's jaws dropped in shock as the little woman knocked out a horse with just a punch.

Katela's face reddened a bit in anger. "THAT'S NOT HELPING!" she shrieked. "I want to leave, now! And what the hell are we going to do with that poor animal now!"

Alni's mouth stayed open as she heard Katela. She knew she was hiding her real emotions under a facade, and it looked like it just shattered under the stress. Having been raised mainly by her elven side of the family, Katela had a much deeper regard for living creatures. To see one caused such damage must have set her off.

"Shut your mouth, you're catching flies," Daeira murmured to Alni. The slave had staggered up alongside her. "Can I ride with you?"

Alni snapped her jaw shut and nodded helping Daeira into the saddle was awkward, but the woman eventually settled on the cantle, sitting stiffly and leaning forward on Alni for support.

A girl with permanent tears
Born without a family
Born without a name
All she ever wanted
Was to wipe her tears away

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:01 am 

David leapt of the saddle and ran up to Katela's horse. "Please, give me one moment. Just one moment and I'll straighten everything out. Okay?" Without waiting for her answer and hoping his dashing charm could damn any incoming tirade, David came by the horse and slapped it slightly, trying to revive it. "You pack a mean punch." He said, his comment meant for the nearby Phaelle.

The vampire elfgirl crossed her arms and lifted her nose disdainfully. "Not my fault it tried to bite me."

"Considering you usually do the biting? I can relate." he chuckled and noticed the animal's eyes flutter open. Thank god, she didn't hit it too hard. The horse was just stunned. "You made Katela mad though."

"Damn her then. I went through a lot of things to get her out of her predictament and she didn't even have the grace to make a proper greeting and thank me. Why should I care?"

David raised his head, some pieces of the puzzle that was Phaelle coming together. Phaelle didn't just like to dress up like a noblewoman - she also liked to play the part. Appearances had a lot of value to her. Why, he couldn't say: he hadn't actually heard of elves being superficial, but then, this one was a vampire, right? "Look," he began, "Katela is rather flustered at what happened to her. I know you've been more than considerate to us so far and I'm sure she will really appreciate it once she doesn't feel so miserable. Let's just play the grown ups and continue taking care of them, okay?"

That seemed to do the trick. Phaelle beamed and even helped the horse up on it's hooves. The animal seemed woozy, but hopefully it would follow along. David directed her to carry Dyred, since she was going to be stuck striding alongside them (he doubted that Katela would manage anything more than a canter, so the little undead ought to keep up just fine. David could also not find a much more effective way of making Dyred feel more miserable than by letting Phaelle carry him, which should please Katela... and they wouldn't be dragging Dyred in the dirt, which would appease his own sense of fair play. I'm such a stud.

Fairly proud of his swift resolution of the situation, he mounted up and led his stallion outside. "Okay ladies." he said as he led the other riderless horses. "Let's get going!"
Phaelle followed after, carrying Dyred in her arms. The bandit slowly came to as he was craddled in the vampire's arms, and then became stiff with fear. Phaelle glared at him for a moment and then looked back toward David leading the group.

"You're sweet David." she whispered to herself, "But it's not very ladylike to carry around prisoners." she shrugged at Dyred. "Oh well, I guess I'll have to make due..."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Archives » The Chaos War Archives » Alni & Katela's Journey