Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Camp on the Grassland (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:00 pm 

Lanir glanced over in the High Elf's direction and gave a respectful nod then replied to the query as he spoke in a smooth and even voice. The half-elf's voice was usually soft spoken but always had a strange tone to it that was soothing, "We search for family as well as travel the highways and byways of Lodoss. Since we've known each other in times past in our childhood, we decided to travel together. Milord, I pray thee if I might ask a question of you?"

If nothing else he was determined to show the proper respect due a High elf, as he wouldn't just blatantly ask a question of the man. But he was curious if this elf was his father. A way to find out would be to mention his mother's name to ask if he'd ever met and befriended a merchant named Terasia. If the fellow didn't allow the question, he wouldn't ask. But he severely hoped Estas would allow him to do so; he had to know.

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:01 pm 
Canon NPC

The high elf looked passivley at Lanir for a moment, wondering what question he could possible ask. After a few moments of thought, he raised a brow and answered. "I will answer a question if it is in my knowledge to do so."

Luria returned to camp carrying a hare of decent size she had managed to catch by the ears. She figured the high elves wouldn't be happy with that, but her philosiphy was that everything eventually became dirt for plants to eat anyway, so when she was hungry she was going to eat what was available. Luria was not the most philisophical explorer there ever was. She also managed to find a bush of berries and carried them in one of her baggy sleeves she had rolled up. She doubted they could eat that either. Just what do they eat, anyway? It wouldn't be a lot of food for everyone, but it was enough.

Upon returning to the camp and finding new members present, she pouted. "Aw, nobody told me there were going to be more people!"

Z's Account

Y'ezela examined the people in the camp while Lanir spoke to the regal looking elf. The group was very interesting, not at all like most adventuring parties where it was mostly some unspectacular looking mercenaries and whoever hired them. This group had three elves, one exotic woman dressed in red, and a priestess of Cha Za.

Y'ezela smiled and waved back at Kitsa, then a woman emerged from the grass out of the darkness. The bard's half-elven ears perked upwards in surprise as she noticed the woman was a half-elf too. She hadn't said much, she left most of the talking up to Lanir.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:02 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina was just as curious about the half-elves as the others. And, like them, she had met so many only recently. It seemed that the half-elven population was booming. As Luria returned, Sairina moved over to her to explain the situation; "They just showed up a moment ago," Sairina replied. "They were just passing through the area and need a place to sleep for the night. Lanir and Y'ezela are their names. Do you need any help with dinner?"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:04 pm 

Phaeton had gone a bit further from the camp than his companion did, but the savage didn't mind as he found a few berries and tubers and roots. Normally, he'd have hunted for a rabbit or some such but out of respect for the High elf female, he decided to curb his natural inclination towards meat.

It was fine as well, as the young wild man wanted some small time to himself to think. Ever since coming to civilization he'd seen many wonders and the like but none compared to the feeling of living off the land outside. The grasslands reminded him of his home, and the young man sat and rested for a moment when he heard the soft padding of an animal. A rabbit emerged from the grass to stare at him, the tiny animal was frightened as the savage's blue eyes locked on it and he smiled as he spoke.

"Not this day little one.. This eve I dine without meat.. I merely wish to think back...back to my home..."

The warrior did just that as he sat sighed and looked up into the sky, he could only guess as to his father and brother's state at the moment. Perhaps he was disowned by them. But, he never disowned them in his heart. Shaking his head, Phaeton rose with his burden and stepped back towrds camp and emerged to find they had guests. The savage's blue eyes locked on a female and male whose appearance marked them as having elf blood.

((OOC: He'll have taken a good while to get back, so consider him having been gone for a bit.))

Lanir nodded and spoke as he thought of how to pose the question. The young half elf certainly didn't want to be insulting, and coming out and asking *are you my father* was certainly NOT the way to handle things. After a moment he spoke as plainly and respectfully as he could.

"Sir have you had a chance to meet any of the small merchant caravans which sometimes frequent around Raiden milord?"

It was an odd question, but not inappropriate. Lanir watched the High elf, and waited for an answer. If he had perhaps an expression or an ear twitch might give the young half elf a clue as to whether or not Estas was his father.

Canon NPC

~Estas: The very confused high elf~

"Eh? Here in Raiden? Whenever I left the forest before, I always preferred to stay clear of humans. The closest to humans i've ever even gotten was in Alania, and for a while it was just to get a...friend of mine back to the forest of no return." Estas said dryly, crossing his arms and raising a brow. "In fact... I don't recall ever even comming to Raiden, this would be my first time here. You'd have to ask Seri if shes been around here, she has left the forest far more times than I have."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:05 pm 
Z's Account

Seri, who had been listening into the conversation, shook her head. "I have never been to Raiden either. I only traveled the east and south east of Lodoss," the high elf explained. Suddenly, the high elf gasped and sat up straighter. She moved her hands to her belly and smiled. "She just woke up," Seri said, then her smile turned a little bitter, "I guess I might not sleep so well tonight."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:05 pm 

"Oh," Luria said, "half elfs huh? They seem like nice folks from what I can tell by looking." She pulled out her knife and looked at it hoping that the edge was sharp enough. "I'm gonna go skin this rabbit. Since they don't like meat and stuff, I thought I'd spare them the display." She added a bit of sarcasm with that last part.

After preparing the meat appropriately, she spit them on the arrow bolt she used to kill the rabbit, and began to roast the soon-to-be meal over the fire. She smiled at Sairina taking a break after her work was done. "Kinda meager, but it works, you know?"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:08 pm 

Orion sat in silence. The entrance of two more people, whether it was simply for the night or for a more permanent place in the group made him uneasy. Orion did not particularly like new faces. The size of the group he travelled with already was quite uncommon for the likes of him. Adding two more seemed excessive. As much as he wanted to be kind and think of a reason to take on two others in their travels, he could not think of one. The mission wasn't much of a danger, that would be for certain. It was simply the task of hunting down the father of this elf's child. No direct danger, he thought, should come from that. Extra numbers were not necessary.

The silver-haired elf glanced around to the others around the fire. "Excuse me..." he said quietly as he stood up from his place. He nodded to Seri and Estas before walking off to the edge of their camp, far from the light that the fire gave off. To the others, he seemed to join with the shadows as he disappeared off into the woods...

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Z's Account

"Well, it's certainly not what I'm used to," Sairina replied, looking a little apprehesive about the spitted meat. "But, I should get used to such things."

Suddenly, Sairina saw Seri stand and the high elf had gone pale staring at the rabbits. Seri spun around and staggered away from the campsite before wretching into the brush.

"Oh my," Sairina said, covering her mouth with her hand. She already knew the high elves did not approve of killing creatures for food, but to add pregnancy into the mix was just asking for trouble. "Excuse me," Sairina said to Luria, then hurried to Seri's side.

The priestess wrapped her arm around the high elf's shoulder and pulled her long, blonde hair aside, distantly noticing how soft and smooth it was. "Are you alright miss Seri?" Sairina asked.

"The...meat..." the pregnant high elf heaved, then drew a kerchief from out of her coat to dab her mouth.

"I'm sorry, miss Seri. I'll help you to your tent so you don't have to see it," Sairina said, kindly pulling Seri's hair away from her face.

"Yes, thank you," Seri gasped. Sairina ushered her away to the high elf's tent, shielding the view of the fire as best as she could.

Phaeton was quiet for the most part as he'd returned. The savage was aware of the elves distaste for meat and out of respect, he took his meal with him as he began to step back out into the grasslands to eat. The blued eyed wild man hadn't stepped much further than a foot or two before the half elf turned in his direction and spoke. "Greetings to you. Iam called Lanir. I thought we'd seen all of the party, but I see was mistaken."

Phaeton turned towards Lanir and gave a curt nod regarding both he and the female half elf then spoke in a calm gentle voice. "I am Phaeton Skyeyes, I greet you in respect and honor. If you will pardon me, I shall take my meal and eat at the camp's edge. I would be pleased to speak with you and your companion later."
The savage stepped off silently and fluidly, making almost no noise as he moved. Lanir turned towards Ez and crooked a smile as he spoke.

"A strange human.. but at least he's a silent one."

((OOC: Went to a funeral today... so I'm sorry about the lack of posts.))

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:09 pm 

Luria felt bad about what she had done, she wondered if she was being really insensitive. She figured she probably was, and decided not to cook meat again. Even the smell would probably make them uncomfortable, so she stood up and looked to see where Orion had gone. Plopping down on teh grass next to him, she munched on her skewer. "I don't get it," she said with a full mouth. "Oh well... I guess we better buy more dried fruit and meal next time we're in town. They're paying us, after all."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:09 pm 
Canon NPC

~Estas~

The high elf didn't turn green, like Seri did, but his nose did raise, and his eyes gave the half elf a look that screamed "don't you know any better?" Shaking his head, he mumbled under his breath. "How savage... they'll eat anything."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala