Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Camp on the Grassland (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm 
Z's Account

Kitsa was hesitant to take a skewer of her own after Estas voiced his disproval, but she was hungry. With her back to Estas she picked up a skewer of meat as discretly as possible and hid infront of her body as she quickly hopped toward where Luria and Orion sat.

"This is very awkward," she sighed and bit off a chunk of meat secretively.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm 
Z's Account

Y'ezela covered her mouth in reaction to Seri vomiting; it made her gag a bit. She was completely unaware of the high elves' diet. Raised by humans, she was used to eating meat, it just seemed like a natural part of life to her.

To break up the tension, Y'ezela took her lute from behind the log and spoke up so the whole camp could hear. "How about song? Would anyone like to hear some music?"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:12 pm 

Phaeton finished his meal and headed back to camp, the savage returned just in time to hear the female half-elf's statement. Curious, the blue eyed savage smiled stepped closer and sat a small distance from her and her companion as he spoke.

"I would like to hear your music. I have heard some civilized music and have found it to my liking. It is very different from the tribal songs and music we shared in my clan."

The young savage made himself comfortable, to him music was a pure treat. Phaeton enjoyed a few things about civilization and during his travels the various songs, tunes and chimes he'd heard were all new and alluring to him.

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Orion joined his employers quietly, walking from the shadows of the quickly descending night. His stealth, even in the presence of elves, was impressive. Only the silver tones of his clothing betrayed his secretive presence. He made no real attempt to sneak in, but approached in his usual silent manner.

In a low voice, he spoke. "Humans and those raised as such are of a different view and culture. To them, destroying lower levels of life is acceptable. Even plants have spirits, so, in effect, to eat anything from nature destroys a spirit."

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Luria gave Kitsa a broad grin. "If you get caught, you can blame it on me, everybody thinks I'm a spaz anyway," she joked. "I just don't hold myself above other animals is all. Hawks eat rabits too, so why not me? Oh well..." She scarfed the rest of her food quickly and swallowed it. Making sure none of it was on her mouth she returned to the camp.

She clapped her hands together and smiled at everyone appologetically. Of course, most of them didn't return the sentiment but it was the best she could do. "Did somebody say something about music? I love music!"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:14 pm 
Z's Account

With her question eagerly met by some of their fellow campers, Y'ezela brought her lute out from behind the log she sat on. A mellow tune seemed to be best for the situation, and hopefully soothing to the pregnant elf.

She began strumming her instrument, looping a short, subdued tune three times before she began a song in a deep, vibrato, alto. The song was in the common tongue, but a dialect usually reserved for the upper class. She had learned it from a bard who played for the kings. It was rarely played because of the subject, but it struck a cord with her, and she loved it. She had decided to single-handedly bring the song into the spotlight so people would be more aware of elf and human love.

The song was the tale of a young woman who became lost in the woods. She was rescued by a beautiful elven man, and the two feel in love. The grand sort of love that began at first sight and was greater than the gods, the sort of love found often in romantic tales, but rarely in real life. The woman and the elf wished to marry, but her family would not allow it. But, despite their best attempts, her elven prince whisked her away to live in his marvelous palace in the forest. The woman became pregnant, but before her child was born, her family sent soldiers to find her and kill her beloved elf husband. Afraid for her child, she escaped from the soldiers and traveled many miles away to have her baby. The song ended in her dreams for the half-elven child.

Y'ezela played out a final three strums, growing higher in pitch until she lifted her hand away from the strings. Then, the half-elven bard lifted her head to see her audience's reaction.

OOC: Yeah, I'm no poet. If I was, I could have actually written a song.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:15 pm 
Z's Account

Kitsa finished her meal quickly, out of Estas's sight, then returned to the campfire during the first verse of Y'ezela's song. The quarter-elf was soon entranced. A story about a elf and human love was one she could relate to. Though her father was half-elf, he was so alien among the Azarns; as far as Kitsa was concerned, he was a pure elf.

When Y'ezela finished, Kitsa clapped enthusiatically.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:15 pm 

Luria's eyes were wide and paying close attention to every word. It started out just in the same way her parents had met, but went down the tragic hill from there. By the end of the song she grabbed onto the nearest person who happened to be Kitsa (unfortunately enough for her), and began bawling. "That's so incredibly sad but beautiful!" she sniffled. "Oh gods, I think I'm going to cry!"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:16 pm 
Z's Account

Kitsa suddenly was clung to, but it was Luria, and she was equally moved by the song. Kitsa threw her arms around her half-elf friend and cried in agreement, "So sad and beautiful!"

OOC: Female-elf-kin bonding. :P

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:16 pm 

Luria was so surprised after realizing what she'd done that she wasn't getting smacked for it (as was the norm) that she stopped crying and blinked at Kitsa in surprise. "Hey that's right, you're from a mixed family too!" she beamed. "Wow, we should write a new song that ends more happy-like!"

She cleared her throat "Okay okay I just thought of one!" She began to speak-sing some words:

"My new friend's name is Orion, and he's a quiet guy!
I wonder if he's tired of us, or if he's just too shy?
I aniticipate in wonder, oh what will he speak today?
It's a shame this light elf hasn't got a lot to say!"

(OCC: Luria's a poet and I didn't know it)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:18 pm 
Canon NPC

~Estas~

Not surprisingly, Estas choose not to eat the meat, and instead gave a slightly disturbed look through the whole meal. When they finished, he simply watched as they discussed several topics, eventually leading to song. While the others discussed it happily, he quietly brooded it. When Luria sang, however, he raised a brow and gave her a quizzical look.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:19 pm 
Z's Account

Orion peeked into Seri's small tent shortly after her retreat into it. She was definately not feeling social, and the silent way he slipped in felt like an invasion of privacy to both Seri and Sairina. "Yes, I know," Seri snapped, obviously still ill. Her skin was pale and she had a sheen of sweat on her forehead. Her sharp response was enough to turn Orion away.

Sairina stayed with Seri in her tent through dinner. Though she was hungry, her first concern was with the mother-to-be. With a prayer, she healed Seri's nausea, and continued to sit with the high elf and softly chanted prayers for good luck.

Once the high elf's stomach settled, she began eating fruit and a strange elven biscuit while Sairina spoke her prayers. The priestess could feel that Seri was not quite comfortable around humans, but she wanted her to be more relaxed.

As they listened to the song, Seri showed little emotion, and it was obvious she was trying to remain aloof on a subject that involved something taboo in elven culture. Sairina didn't speak up about it, she only continued her prayers.

"Would you like some?" Seri finally spoke, catching Sairina inbetween chants. The high elf offered an apple in one hand and a biscuit in the other.

"Oh...thank you," Sairina replied, hesitantly reaching for the food. She didn't want to take food from a pregnant woman with a limited diet, but she was hungry and Seri was offering. Maybe she had more than enough. Apples didn't last long, it was best to eat them quickly before they spoiled. So, she took the offered food.

"This is my thanks for your blessings, priestess," Seri replied. "I would like my rest. Thank you, again." The high elf was looking much better, her skin had regained it's color and her sweat had dried. Sairina had her hands on Seri's belly long enough to feel the child settle. The high elf laid back onto her bed slowly, and Sairina quickly helped her to get comfortable. Once Seri was settled, Sairina stepped out of the tent and went to the fire to join her companions.

"Seri is resting now, she will be just fine," Sairina told the camp as she took a seat on one of the logs around the fire. "As an expectant mother, certain smells and sights may make her ill, even if they wouldn't affect before her pregnancy."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:19 pm 

Miss Seri didn't really know, Orion thought. To operate in a human-dominated world, she would have to get used to human customs. Orion was long since desensitized to the habits of eating meat. If she expected to just waltz into a place like this and not find this sort of occurance, she was ignorant. Orion didn't feel sorry for her at all. He didn't feel sorry for the rabbit either.

He left the tent, half from surprise and half out of a lack of interest to deal with a high elf or two. For all the honors people placed on them, he didn't see anything special about them. Perhaps they were great shamans, but if all her enemies had to do was slaughter and consume a rabbit and she would fall to her knees and vomit, they were in for some trouble.

Orion didn't notice Luria singing at all until he heard his name. His ears twitched and he spun around to see why his name was called. It was some part of a silly lymeric or song. Orion sighed, their jest not warming his heart, as it did the others. He was not like the others here. He knew this. He could not be jolly and dance about. It was not in him. So, he kept walking away from the camp fire. He found a tree to lean up against, the fire still in sight. He listened to the sounds of the night and sighed. Here in the shadows, he wished he could stay forever...

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:20 pm 

Luria chuckled, noticing that Orion passed into the grasses again out of sight. "Ah, I guess he didn't like that one," she said and shrugged. "I'll have one for each of you by the time our journey is over if I'm not stabbed to death or shot through along the way."

She looked over her shoulder to find Sairina return. "Yeah I'm sorry about that," she apologized. "I'll stick to grain and vegtables unless we get some time away from our charge." She looked around at their surroundings, the grasslands would not be too favorable in that respect but not impossible. "I'd offer to help you with the lady too, but I'm sure I'd mess such delicate things up."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:20 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina watched Orion walk away from the camp and gave a sigh. She could see him quite well in the dark with his white clothes. It concerned her that he might have taken Seri's reaction to heart. The high elf was feeling ill and unsociable. Seri's haughty attitude seemed to drive a wedge between her and some of the party members, but Sairina was granted a glimpse into the high elf's true self, behind the shield of superiority she donned.

"Yes, I would think it best if we were more selective in our diets around miss Seri," Sairina said, then bit into the apple Seri had given her. "Just wait until tomorrow, then maybe you can do more for her, Luria," Sairina added after she chewed her apple.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala