Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Morning on the Grassland (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 pm 

Orion ate in silence, sat in silence, and waited in silence. It took him no time to gather his things and less time to eat breakfast. The silver-haired ranger took no time to speak to others. People were not his forte and everyone knew it. Focus on the job was the quality he had. While Seri spoke with the others, he patiently awaited the time when they could move on...

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

"Uh-huh!" Luria said, amazed that Seri was willing to talk to her. She seemed like a really nice person this morning. She hadn't picked up on the fruit misunderstanding and if she had probably wouldn't have believed it. "Yes m'am! My father is a ranger, he taught me everything I know." Then she scratched her head awkwardly. "Ah... he must not have taught me a lot huh?"

Z's Account

Luria's response was a bit of comfort, but the concern over Y'ezela and Lanir's parentage wasn't going to change until she knew the truth about them. "You are young yet, there is much for you to learn," Seri replied to Luria.

OOC: I want to get a reaction from Lanir before we go on.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm 

Lanir sat silently listening to the entire conversation as the High elf explained the particulars of her situation. The quiet demeanor of the half elven ranger was soon to be broken this morning as he waited for the High elf to finish her statement as it would've been the height of bad manners to interrupt her. But when he heard the name, he gasped audibly. Lanir couldn’t help it, she'd said Azala. The same name as the one his mother told him of once, the name his father bore. A wave of disbelief and shock came over him as the half elf's voice almost broke and he spoke with wide eyes. It couldn't be....not Azala, not the man his mother had described...or rather elf. By the way Lanir's mother spoke of him, Azala was a noble and gentle soul, spirited and full of honor. At least...that's what he'd always believed.

"Milady..you mean...he..he just left you? I mean...you mentioned..Azala..the the same name as the man whom...he bears the name of my...father. I..can't believe...he'd never leave a woman with child...it's just..it can't be.."

The young man chose his words carefully and spoke again. "I thought...our kind...elves. That we were above that sort of thing..it's just I mean..in terms of responsibility and tradition. Especially...my father... How could he.. Forgive me lady Seri, I need a few moments to compose myself...if this is the person I've been searching for....he's not...not what I thought..."
Lair excused himself for a moment and stepped into the quiet of the foliage surrounding the camp, trying to calm his nerves and come to grips with the realization that everything he'd believed, hoped and thought might not be so about his father.

A tear came to the half elf's eyes and he clenched them shut, taking several breaths as a thousand thoughts raced through his head. Father....no. There has to be a reason...I need to know..and..she needs to know as well.

Phaeton remained quiet and continued helping with the break up and clean up around camp as the elves talked of things he knew nothing about. The young man heard small snippets of their conversation and noted the younger ranger rise and step away for a moment. The young savage sensed a tension, something was amiss but it was none of his business. Phaeton had learned long ago to leave other's business to themselves...it made things less complicated.

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm 
Z's Account

Something caught in Seri's throat after Lanir spoke. Azala was his father, and it made her feel so angry and betrayed. Of course, Lanir was born long before she and Azala had their relationship, but the fact that Azala would so casually disregard the customs of their culture spoke volumes.

The high elf couldn't allow the mercenaries to see her cry, and it was taking all her strength to hold back the tears. She awkwardly rose and walked away from the campfire without saying a word, pausing as she passed by Estas to touch his arm. Since they traveled together, Estas had been there for her mood swings, and while he wasn't the most emotionally available elf, he provided some comfort.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:35 pm 
Z's Account

Y'ezela watched as Lanir and Seri both left her side. It seemed both of them needed some comfort, and Lanir was the one who needed her most. The bard stood and hurried after the ranger.

She found him behind a stand of bushes near the road and put her arm around his shoulders. "Lannie," she said, cooing his childhood nickname. "Talk to me, tell me what's wrong."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:36 pm 
Z's Account

Kitsa had retrieved her belongings from Sairina's tent and helped the priestess take it down. She caught a little of the conversation between Seri and the two half-elf travelers. She had no place in it, but it made her feel uneasy.

Kitsa had to take her mind off worrying about the high elf mother-to-be, and take attention off of her. "Hey! Let's saddle the horses," Kitsa suggested to the other mercenaries. With that said, she tossed her pack over her shoulder and went to the pair of trees the camp's horses were tied to.

Orion joined Kitsa, hand in pockets. The animals waited patiently while the two of them approached. Orion took to his mount first, giving her attention before ever touching the bindings. He pet her and fed her a bit of fruit. His mount was used to getting various fruits during travel, instead of the usual. Orion whispered soothing words to the mare as he undid her bindings and gathered the saddle for her.

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Lanir heard Ez's soft voice, and the sweet comforting tone of her voice calmed him. But it didn't stop the pain or the tears that began to run down his cheeks. The ranger turned to face her slightly and spoke as his voice finally broke into an almost sob. "I..it's ...he's all I dreamed about Ez.. My father, through all the times I was lonely...when we weren't playing or my mother cried at night. Sometimes I...imagined what he'd be like. Mother spoke so highly of him...and I fe...felt so proud.. that my father would be like this. Gods...Ez, it's why I became a ranger..to travel and meet others to find him. It ...I've been such a damn fool..."

The half elf stopped a moment and more tears came, Lanir didn't usually cry openly to anyone. But, Ez wasn't just anyone he was very close to her of all others she knew...she understood how it felt to be a product of two worlds. Full elves and full humans could never truly understand what it was like, to be half...and not whole. To be different.

"I..thought he'd be... a man of integrity, noble and kind.. But...what he's done to her. To mother, if she was nothing more than...a partner for a night it would crush her heart...I can't..won't tell her this."

He couldn't say anymore it hurt to much, the ranger gave his friend a slight hug as he spoke again. "Damn..me for a fool...now I've upset..lady Seri and she's with child..."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:37 pm 
Z's Account

Y'ezela comforted Lanir, holding him close and rubbing her hand up and down his back. All his life, he had clung to the vision of a noble elf man who was his father. Someone like Estas probably was. Now Y'ezela worried that Azala could be her father as well. Certainly, that would be too much of a coincidence! Despite that, a weight had settled firmly in her stomach. She had to find her mother and speak to her.

"Don't blame yourself for upsetting lady Seri, it's not your fault," Y'ezela cooed. Surely, it was Azala's fault for being irresponsible!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:44 pm 

Lanir nodded and hugged his childhood friend tightly, the half elf's soft eyes looked into the bard's and he spoke but his voice didn't break this time. "I...this hurts Ez... thank you for being here with me.. I doubt I could get through it alone. At last not easily. We might as well help pack up, it's going to be a long day. I think I'd best avoid lady Seri for awhile till she's had a chance to deal with her own feelings on the matter.. "

He was still hurting a great deal, but Ez was there and it made bearing such a burden all the easier. He hoped the other High elf would help Seri deal with her pain.

Meanwhile, Phaeton finished gathering his things and had been busy packing up and cleaning camp. The young savage stepped over to the camps edge doing his best to avoid whatever drama was unfolding with the elves. Blue eyes followed Seri's movements as she stepped away from the half elf female and Phaeton experienced a momentary feeling of anguish for some reason. It was easy to see something was wrong, but to see beings so noble and beautiful as elves wrapped up in whatever was happening made him wonder. He'd hoped spirit folk as his people called them would 've been free of such matters.

Z's Account

Y'ezela gave Lanir a pat on the back, then reached up to brush some tears from his cheek. "Dry your face, and we'll get ready to go," the bard said. She was sure he didn't want them to see his face streaked in tears.

Lanir nodded and dried his face composing himself, taking a few calming breaths first then spoke in his usual calm and soft voice. "I'm okay now...I'll be fine. Let's head back, we can't delay here all day."

The half elf ranger returned to the camp with Ez and he was quiet as he helped his companion pack and gather her things. The ranger moved smoothly and did his best to avoid looking in the direction of Estas or lady Seri as he thought it best to avoid upsetting her any more than he had.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:45 pm 
Canon NPC

~Estas~

The high elf frowned as the two half elves left. They weren't emotionally stable enough for this. If Azala was thier father, and it seemed likely, it may be a better idea just to head back to the forest of no return. Azala was a wastrel, and judging by the testiment from Lanir, highly doubtful that he would take responisibility. When Seri brushed him arm, he followed. He was starting to come of the opinion that this thing wouldn't have a happy ending.

He didn't say anything, as there wasn't anything to be said. Instead, he reassuringly patted her shoulder. Turning to see the two half elves returning, he spoke in his usual calm voice. "Is everyone ready to go?"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:48 pm 
Z's Account

Kitsa, Orion, Phaeton, and Luria saddled all the horses for the camp. The emotional turmoil involving the two new half-elves had little to do with them, but it made them all feel uncomfortable.

"I suppose they won't be coming with us?" Kitsa mused aloud. The horses were saddled, and she stood beside Soiff, the horse she and Orion shared, petting the mare's silky gray neck. The quarter-elf was watching the half-elves and the high elves, waiting for the situation to be resolved.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala