Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Conversation: Phaeton Speaks with Luria
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 pm 

Z wrote:
To save all our history for posterity, and boost members' post counts, I'm reposting old threads from the yahoo group and old forum. It may be a long and tedious task, but hopefully it'll be done and we can find all our history in one place!

Lanir rode silently for quite sometime, the half elf looked once again up towards where Ex and lady Seri's horses walked. Turning back towards, Luria he spoke and leapt off the horse nimbly as running up to her horse
"Luria pardon me a moment, I'm going to leave our mount in your good hands. I need to speak to Ez a moment."
Once there he spoke in Ez's direction, "Ez? I'm sorry...I don't mean to interrupt your conversation. But, can we talk a bit? I've an idea or two about finding our father."

Phaeton waited until Lanir left and spurred his own horse alongside hers and spoke softly, "Luria? I would speak with you. I know so little of you, I would...like to learn more. You may ask of me anything you wish in return."
Phaeton turned slightly and the savage was blushing, though it was doubtful he even noticed.

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject: Re: A Conversation: Phaeton Speaks with Luria

"Oh, okay," Luria agreed, as Lanir left. "Hey, good luck!"

When Phaeton approched, Luria was dazed for a second. "You want to know more about me?" she said in genuine surprise. "I never got a question like that before." She looked up in thought for a moment, chewing at her bottom lip in concentration. "Well, I've been out on my own for few years, but travel is nothing new to me. I really love finding new places. That's why I left my home, and my parents didn't really try to stop me. Someday, I want to make good maps of every place in lodoss just like the ones I used to make with my father in the wildlands. But... I end up doing odd jobs like this instead to get by. Only royal types fund map-makers." She stopped to wait for his reply, wary that she might be speaking too loosely. Ever since she'd left home, her big mouth had never been appreciated and she learned to watch it even around friends.

(OOC: Sorry about the name thing, my brain = broke)

Phaeton enjoyed Luria's conversation immensely, the savage thought about the skill used to make maps. It involved writing and reading and while he was not stupid, he was illiterate at least by civilized standards and the blue eyed young man turned towards her and spoke with a smile.

"I find it a great wonder that you can make maps of the land, to read and write are something....beyond me. You wish to make maps and and as such they would be used by others? A wonderful calling I think. Think well of the work that you have been given, it may not be to your liking but think of it as a means to your final goal."

The savage thought a moment then spoke again, his voice warm, soft and full of compassion. "I also find it wonderful that you were able to leave home without....contention. I was not so lucky... My father was...is chieftain of my people. I was expected to follow his path and thus I was raised to be such...but during the final test I could not complete it. I was disgraced, disowned and now I wander this world of civilization to find a new path."
Phaeton looked at Luria's eyes with an inner strength and in as honest a voice as he could manage he spoke again. "I find it easy to speak with you Luria, it is good to have found such a lovely companion to share thoughts with. I would ask...a favor of you. For which I would be willing to pay in any way you might wish. Would you...could you teach me to read and write this...civilized way? Please?"

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:29 pm 

"I suppose being in the high society of whatever culture you're from can be worse than living in poverty. My family really had nothing, but I think I was lucky. Anyway," Luria giggled at the compliment and changed the subject to the brighter topic. "Oh, of course I will help!" she exclaimed, happily. "I know a little bit of elfin writing too, from my dad." She began to chew her lip again in thought, excited but entirely unsure how to go about it. "Okay, alphabet first! Today's letter will be A! 'A' makes the sound 'aaaaahhhh' like umm... A~zala~... who seems to be evryone's fa~ther so I will kick him in his a~ss."

Phaeton smiled, she was definitely growing on him a good kind a free spirited young woman. The blue eyed young man thought about the pronunciation and spoke as he replied. "I thank you, that would be most helpful to me. So the first is AAAHHH? Like that? Hmm, and as in A..A~ss why would one kick such a thing unless you speak of his backside?"

He thought about his own sentence, then burst into laughter, looking at her with a smile and slightly mischievous expression. "You are a gift of joy Luria, not only have you offered to teach me that which I know not about. But you've given me a gift of laughter as well."

Chuckling a bit more, he looked at her and spoke, "I had to find out in some rather embarrassing ways about many civilized customs. When I first came to civilization, I stayed at an inn, where a the warrior who'd helped me register had purchased lodgings for me. A barmaid? Asked me if I wished to bathe and I readily accepted, I was unused to civilized ways and nearly bathed in clothing wash. I have since learned better."

Phaeton proceeded to tell Luria of the funny scene and the shocked look of the barmaid when he'd stepped naked from the clothing wash into the inn. He also related how it had taken a LOT of explaining by his companion and some coin to keep from calling the town guard on him.

"I was made several offers that day for different things I shall not mention, but it is but one of the many things I learned" The young savage smiled then awaited her reply.

Luria began to laugh as well. "Aha! Wow!" she giggled. "That's really funny. Not so much at the time bet, but its okay!" She was blushing from the many compliments, and didn't know how to return them. "Letter A is a vowel too... oh heck, you know what? That's too confusing for now. Let's just go on to letter B, which is for b~ath," and she began giggling again.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:30 pm 
Z's Account

OOC: Closing this here so we can move on.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala