Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Search for a Midwife
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:57 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina followed Estas out onto the streets of Blade. "Now just where is this Sandstone road anyway?" she wondered aloud. Looking back at the high elf she was now alone with, the priestess couldn't help but hope to try and find a way to get his attention. Oh Cha Za, grant me a little luck here, she prayed to herself.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:45 pm 
Canon NPC

Estas spotted the sandstone road almost immediately, his keen elven sight able to see a lot better than Sairina's eyes obviously did. "This way." He stated curtly, moving off towards the sandstone road.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:17 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina hurried after him, and moments later, saw the sign for the street they were looking for. Elves were better at so many things, and for some reason, that made her even more attracted to Estas. "The maid said it was only a few blocks, right?" she confirmed as they walked up the street. Suddenly, a snap, and she was thrown off balance. Cha Za had granted her wish, and it cost her a pair of shoes. The stiletto heel on one of her shoes had snapped and Sairina tripped and fell into Estas.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:11 pm 
Canon NPC

The high elf agilely side-stepped the falling priestess and caught her before she hit the ground. Due to her awkward falling angle one of his hands was squarely on her breast. Estas couldn't help but roll his eyes at the situation. Here he was trying to keep from giving her the wrong impression, one where he was interested in her, and then he catches her in an awkward and compromising position. Regardless of the indecent catch, Estas straightened Sairina and dusted off her robes. "Do try to be careful. You almost hit me." He said, regaining his haughty composure.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:47 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina's heart fluttered as she felt his hands on her, and she couldn't have asked for a better accident. For a moment, she enjoyed the warmth of his body against hers, his scent, his hands brushing over her. However, even if her fall had been orchestrated by her phenomenal luck, it couldn't change Estas's feelings. As Sairina looked back at Estas, she was disappointed to see that he showed no outward emotion; not even a blush. Suddenly, she felt like a fool. She had prayed for an opportunity like this, and her prayer brought nothing but shame. Now all she had to show for it was a busted shoe.

With a sigh of disappointment, Sairina tried to maintain her balance on one and a half-feet. "My damn shoe broke," she groaned, then put her hand on Estas's sleeve to maintain her balance. "Just help me for a moment so I can get this off," she grumbled. After his previous reaction, she didn't expect leaning on him would do anything, but he was there. Putting her weight against the tall high elf, she untied the straps of her broken sandal and took it off. Once it was off, she let go of Estas and took off the other one now that she had balance. "Sorry," she muttered, then continued walking up the street, barefoot.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:27 pm 
Canon NPC

While it wasn't his concern if Sairina walked barefoot or not, the fact that she was going to slow him down was a concern. He moved into her path and knelt down offering his back. "Shut up and get on." He growled. He was flustered at the fact it was such an indignant act he was committing but he begrudgingly needed her help in getting the midwife, and he'd be damned if he had to talk to that human butcher-woman himself.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:30 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina gave Estas a sidelong glance, considering that he probably didn't want to do this. However, it was preferable to walking barefoot on her soft soles. In a combination of eagerness and reluctance, Sairina hopped onto Estas's back.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:41 pm 
Canon NPC

Estas sighed, shifted her weight on his back so he was comfortable and walked the rest of the way to the midwife's place. The walk was already strained due to the circumstances and feelings that Sairina had for Estas. The High Elf could smell the intoxicating perfume of a woman hover around him due to her close proximity, but he chose to ignore it. "Knock for me." He said, getting to the door. "My hands are otherwise occupied carrying your burdensome weight."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:49 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina was stung by the comment about her weight, but she didn't have the will to respond to it. "Then put me down," she said, pushing off his back. Sairina hopped to the ground and stepped up to the door to knock. A few taps, and she waited. He was pushing her away, and she thought she had a chance for closeness when he carried her, but it was apparent there was nothing behind it.

Suddenly, the door opening snapped Sairina out of her thoughts. "Can I help you?" an older woman asked, looking the pair up and down. "Are you two perhaps...expecting and in need of a midwife?" A gleeful smile turned her thin, painted lips up.

Sairina turned her head away from Estas, hiding the blush on her cheeks. "No," she said. Not twenty minutes ago, she may have imagined herself in that situation, but now it was not amusing. A lump was forming in her throat, and she feared that if she tried to speak further, she would cry. Instead, she tried to hide her face behind her hair, and let Estas talk.

"Well, what is it?" the midwife asked, looking up at the high elf, her smile turning to a frown.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:00 pm 
Canon NPC

Estas waited for Sairina to continue, he didn't want to bother talking to this woman, but it was apparent that she was going to speak no more. With disgust in his voice he spoke to the midwife. "I'm not with this woman. However, we are in need of your services as a midwife for one of our companions. If you'd please follow us we'll take you to the woman in question who seems to be in some amount of grief during the child birthing process." He said awkwardly. This was the exact reason he wanted Sairina to speak for him on this matter.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:06 pm 
Z's Account

"Oh, very well, let me get my kit," the midwife said, then stepped back inside her house.

Sairina was biting her lip to keep from crying, and Estas's barb didn't help at all. However, the silence between them while the midwife went to fetch her tools helped Sairina regain her composure. When the midwife returned, Sairina lifted her head and took a deep breath. Her eyes were rimmed in red, and she prayed no one commented. The midwife gave her a curious look, but said nothing.

"Lead on," the midwife said to the pair.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 pm 
Canon NPC

Estas gave a nod of acknowledgement to the midwife, then turned his back on Sairina. Kneeling reluctantly, he offered for her to ride on his back again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:10 pm 
Z's Account

Sairina stomped away on her bare feet, tossing her broken sandals over her shoulder by the ties. With her nose in the air, she spat back at Estas, "Since I'm such a burden to you, I'll just walk, thank you."

The midwife stared a the priestess in confusion, but she was at a loss for what to say in this unfamiliar situation. She merely followed along behind Sairina.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:12 pm 
Canon NPC

Sairina's anger didn't bother Estas, in fact, he hoped that this was the last of her flirtations. They had the midwife now, and Estas followed behind, grateful to be free of the lusty little priestess for now. There was only one woman for him, and it was not be that one.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:26 pm 
Z's Account

The midwife stepped a little faster to catch up with the priestess. "So, what is your name, young lady?" she asked the young woman.

"Sairina," the priestess replied softly. "I'm sorry, we're in a bit of a hurry...and he's just an ass. His name is Estas."

"I am Mona," the midwife replied. "Who is our patient?"

"Seri, she's a high elf."

"A high elf you say? Well, I've never delivered and elf child before... I can't imagine it'll be much different than a human child... " Mona mused. "Is Estas the father?"

"No," Sairina replied. "He's just her guardian."

"Ah...I see..." Mona said, then paused for a moment. "Are you a priestess, Sairina?"

"Yes, of Cha Za."

"Ohh... a Cha Za priestess! What brings you here with a pair of high elves?"

"Well, they were looking for some mercenaries in Raiden, my home city, and I was invited to come along because of my healing ability. I thought I would help Seri through her pregnancy, but it turns out my minimal knowledge of childbearing didn't hold up in real life," Sairina explained.

"Hmph...I wonder why she didn't hire a real midwife," Mona grunted.

Sairina shrugged. "Damned if I know."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Azala