Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Lesmoa (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 am 
Z's Account

Z wrote:
I'm starting a project that may never be finished and may be a fruitless task. I'm reposting old threads from the group and previous forum for prosperity's sake, and to boost the post counts for old members to where they should really be.

Ciprian had finally got the leave he'd put in for over the winter. He was taking his time to visit his family. His sister had a baby a month ago, and this was the first chance he had to see his little nephew. However, there was no place for him to stay in his sister and her husband's little apartment, so he found a room for the night at an inn across the street. The inn was unusually crowded, apparently a group of mercenaries with a merchant were staying here.

This morning, Cip was taking it easy. He was in his normal clothes, sitting at a table near the hearth and reading a book he finally had the chance to sit down and continue in. He had a cup of tea he was idly stirring as he read, lost in the passages of the novel.

OOC: Perfect chance for a little thief to sneak in. ;)

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject: Re: Lesmoa (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:21 am 

Cian had only been in the city for perhaps a day or so, gathering a sense of the streets and people that dwelled here. As the boy moved through the streets with the smoothness of a talented pickpocket, he noticed a few travelers here and there. A growl from his stomach and the sore throb of his arm told the boy he needed a good bit of food and rest. The last few days had been rough on him, more-so than usual, some of his former master's servants, had given him a good run a few days back. The result was a slight cut on his right arm, less coins than he'd had, which made an empty stomach. And starvation wasn't something Cian intended to endure.

A place like this was crowded enough for him to catch a coin purse or two with no problem, but Cian's injury and the lack of food and rest had made him a bit careless. Deftly pulling a coin purse from a traveler was no problem; the real problem was another person saw Cian when he did it. Within moments a tall man in a brown tunic was chasing the boy through the streets shouting.

"STOP! Stop that boy! Thief! He's stolen a man's purse! Thief!"

Using his small size to dart through the crowds, Cian rushed into the first place he could, slipping in as quietly and subtlety as he could, the boy quickly made his way heading towards the back of the inn. Hoping he'd lost his pursuer, Cian's breathing was near ragged as his eyes darted towards the inn patrons. Some paying him no mind as he glanced past another sitting nearer to the hearth, the boy thought to himself.

Gods...stupid.stupid...I should've just...Well no use fretting now. I'd better look for a back way out of here.

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 am 
Z's Account

Ciprian heard the entrance of someone new. Glancing over the top of his book with a raised brow, he looked over the boy who had come in. The kid was breathing heavily, making Cip wonder just what brought him in here.

Soon, his question was answered. A man who was looking quite winded himself peeked into the door and looked around the room. Once he saw the boy, he cried, "Thief! That kid's a thief!" and came storming into the room looking ready to beat the boy within an inch of his life. Ciprian laid his book down and stepped in front of the boy and put a firm hand on his shoulder.

"Move aside!" the man insisted. "I'm taking that kid in! I need that money!"

"Sir, I'll take care of this. I am a knight of Valis, you needn't go any further," Ciprian said coolly, then glanced at Cian, his grip on the boy's shoulder was very strong. "Give me what you stole, son."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:23 am 

Cian shuffled uncomfortably as fear surged through him, of all the people to be caught by, a Knight of Valis. The young boy could've tried to run, but he doubted he'd get even one step as the fellow holding his shoulder was pretty strong by far, Cian felt as if he were caught in an iron grip. Thoughts, ran through his brain, lying would've been worse the only thing he could do now was own up to it and prepare for the lash or worse.

Looking up at Ciprian then turning to face the man whose money he'd stolen and in a defeated voice spoke as he handed the money pouch back.

"...Here...sorry."

The infuriated man near snatched the pouch of coins from the boy, glaring at the youth with a stare that could've chewed nails; he turned towards Ciprian and spoke.

"Street trash like him shouldn't be allowed to run around stealing good people's money. If he were my son, I'd take him out back and beat some sense into him, I'll leave him to you sir knight."

Cian started to speak, but could only glare at the man as he turned and stepped off. The boy's heart was pounding so hard he could hear it in his ears, and to make matters worse he was still starving. Cian rubbed the sore spot on his arm and said nothing, he'd been spied a few times, but never caught, especially a knight.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:24 am 
Z's Account

Ciprian, with his hand still firmly on the boy's shoulder, turned and looked down at him. It was rather depressing to see someone so young turn to thievery to survive. He deserved a better chance than that.

"Now young man, you have a choice. I can either take you to the town constable and have you detained, or you can make an honest living. I could use a strong boy like you to help take care of my horse and gear while I'm traveling. Which is it?" Ciprian asked sternly. Honestly, he didn't need any help. He just had the hope of giving this kid another shot.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:25 am 

Cian thought for a moment, having been on the run from a bunch of Emir's people hadn't been the easiest ordeal. And in the company of a knight he was bound to be safer, it wasn't the choice he'd have taken regularly, yet it did offer opportunities. For one thing, he might be able to find some information on the robed man who purchased his sister. As well as tell this man about the slave market, but all in due time, as the boy pursed his lips he looked up at Ciprian and spoke.

"Fine, a job without the lash is fine by me. Just one thing, I'll tend your horse and help out, but I want to ask for your help on two things. You're a knight, so you help those who can't help themselves, right? I mean that's what knight's do isn't it? First, though...could I.please have some food? Gods...my stomach is about to twist around my spine.."

((OOC: Needy little fellow isn't he? :P))

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:26 am 
Z's Account

Ciprian's stern visage was broken by his trademark charming smile. "Of course, you can't work on an empty stomach," Ciprian replied. "We can talk at my table," Ciprian ushered Cian over to his table. Once they were both seated, he waved over a maid and ordered breakfast for Cian. As she went back to the kitchen, Ciprian turned to the boy. "So lad, what's your name?"

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:26 am 

Cian looked up from the table and spoke to Ciprian as he rubbed his arm once more, the soreness was going away bit by bit but still he was glad he could at least sit down for a bit. Better yet, a good meal was on the way, the first he'd have had in quite awhile.

"Cian..is my name, than..Thanks for the meal...and for.thanks."

The boy looked around unsure why he thanked the man, maybe it was hunger or his fear at the fact the fellow was a knight and had caught him. Still, there was something nice and comforting about him. Cian had a problem trusting anyone, especially after his dealings with Emir. However, with this fellow Ciprian there was something about him, a quality you just naturally felt good around him and comfortable. Cian shook his head absently and decided to only think about the food he was about to have as he tried not to ponder over other things for the moment.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:27 am 
Z's Account

Ciprian returned his thanks with only a smile, he knew exactly what the boy was thanking him for, but it was something that was just better without a spoken response. Ciprian wanted to know more about the boy, though he wondered if asking about his past would be a hard subject. Most young thieves were orphans. Ciprian had to know though. "Cian, tell me, what brought you to having to become a thief?"

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:28 am 

Cian nodded as he reached for some fresh hot rolls a serving girl bought them, as the boy began tearing one apart he looked at Ciprian and for a moment pondered. Then with a voice that was much less guarded than before, he spoke in a small voice.

"Slavery...I'm, that is I was the property of a man named Emir. He bought me, my sister and mother after that day... He wants me back too, I guess to kill me or worse."

The memories of his mother were too painful to recall, as he hungrily bit into one of the rolls, he looked at Ciprian and showed the knight the bandaged wound on his arm he'd received the other day while fleeing from some of Emir's men, who'd had the luck to catch up to him.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:29 am 
Z's Account

"Well son, slavery is illegal in Valis. It is my duty to protect you from this Emir. Does he live in Valis? I could arrest him if he does," Ciprian replied. He looked over the boy's arm. "I'll take you to the temple of Marfa as well, we'll get that arm healed."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:30 am 

Cian nodded and relaxed, the boy even gave an honest smile at the knight's words. Slavery was illegal here, no one was allowed to own another; the thought sank in as Cian finished off another roll. At first the thought of working for this knight had seemed more of an inconvenience, but the more he thought about it the more it warmed up to him. At Ciprian's question, the boy spoke, this time looking the knight right in the eyes. He had the boy's full attention and curiosity now, and since he was going to work for a knight, Cian wanted to know everything he could about his responsibilities. It had to be much better than living by thievery hungry and alone all the time.

"No..Unfortunately he doesn't live here, Emir travels a lot mostly keeping to the desert of Flaim. He travels from place to place where it's harder to track him and he can come and go buying new slaves without the greater threat of being punished. Hmn...Say, do you think if we caught him...I mean if you arrested him. Do you think he'd be able to give me some information on a slave named Linnette?"

((ooc: LOL sorry about that last post, I had food on the brain..dessert lol.))

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:31 am 
Z's Account

Ciprian leaned back in thought. Slavery was illegal in Flaim as well, in all nations, now as a matter of fact. To Ciprian, it was morally wrong and seeing a victim of it made him want to hunt this Emir down. However, to find this man in another country Ciprian would have to get a warrant. Flaim most likely wouldn't have an issue with Ciprian hunting Emir down on his own, but he had to follow protocol.

"Do you think you could find Emir? I must get a warrant from my commanding officer to go into Flaim, which might take a few days, but I guarantee I'll have it," Ciprian replied. "Is Linnette your mother? Or sister?"

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 am 

Cian couldn't bring himself to look at Ciprian; the thoughts of his mother and sister were still as fresh as the day he'd last seen them. The last day he'd held his mother alive in his arms, and the last day he'd seen Linette before she was taken from him. Since then the boy had held the image of their faces in his mind and heart, always clinching to those elusive memories as if they were gold. In a small voice, he spoke to the knight trying not to let his break in the midst of his short explanation.

"No..no..Linette is my sister; she was sold to a man in purple robes a bit after our mother was...was...She died. All of us were to have been sold but mother.she tried to escape along with some others. She was going to take us with her but...she was caught and then...they beat her. She never recovered, they beat her so
bad...she died from the wounds. I've been trying to find clues as to Linette's buyer and where she might be since that day, I thought Emir might have some clue since he was the head slaver who had us."

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:37 am 
Z's Account

Ciprian's heart went out to Cian and the knight laid a comforting hand on the boy's. "Cian, I will do everything in my power to find your sister. You and I both can search for her," Ciprian smiled warmly. "We'll bring Emir to justice, and anyone who has done your family harm."

The maid brought over Cian's breakfast and laid the plate in front of him. Eggs, bacon, and fried potatoes was the breakfast for the morning, as well as a tall glass of cool water.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest