Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lesmoa (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:48 pm 

Ranth feebly continued trying to crawl, then seeing the futility of doing so the mercenary stopped. Only able to eye his captors with a hateful stare. As for the other two mercenaries, they were in similar states; the skirmish was effectively over. Ranth knew that anything he said would mean his death if Emir heard of it, the mercenary set his jaw in a firm clench and remained silent.

Not too far away, Cian coughed as he began to feel sluggish. Looking over the scene he spoke in a weak voice.

"*Cough* Cip, check their..Blades. P..Poison..and can I get some help? Not feeling well.."

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:49 pm 
Z's Account

"That will be for the Valisian justice system to decide," Ciprian replied as he started tying up the mercenary pinned beneath him. The mercenaries would be imprisoned and questioned, once Ciprian got the information he needed, he'd let the prison decide their fates.

"Now please priestess, help Cian. He's the one you should be directing your concern toward," Ciprian said, trying to keep the frustration out of his voice. He would help Cian if he could, but she was the one with the healing magics.

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:50 pm 

OOC: I can't remember exactly where Cian was hit with the dagger. I think it was the chest. The rp is basically universal, so assume that, if I'm wrong, that I put it in the right spot.

"Oh... I was just checking... of course... uhh... I'll just be over there..." she muttered, taking a slow jog over to Cian's side. She kneeled slowly, looking over the grave wound he was dealt. She knew that it was one that she could not completely heal unless she spent hours working at it. She had dealt with very few cases that needed this kind of attention.

"Stop moving around. Don't talk," Carianna commanded in a far different tone. Hers now was much like a strong mother; one that did not take well to those who voiced opinions differently on the task at hand. She pulled his clothing away from the wound, exposing the gruesome sight of the dagger lodged in flesh. Cari shook her head. If everyone would just stop being violent, things like this would never have to be seen, she thought.

"I am going to pull the dagger out. It is going to hurt... alot. Just bear it. As soon as it is out, I will start healing to dull the pain. I can't heal the entire wound here, but you'll survive," she informed. One hand wrapped around the handle of the dagger and the other hand hovered over the wound. "Rada, God of Wisdom and Pervayer of Peace, I am your servant. Deem this victim worthy of your blessing and return what violence has taken from..." she held off as she looked into
the eyes of Cian before suddenly ripping the dagger from his body. "...him!" she finished. As soon as fresh blood began to pour from his wound, a white light flared from her hand and shined down upon the gaping hole in his side. As soon as the burst of pain shot through Cian's body, it weakened to a dull, throbbing pain that was soothed by what felt like a calming breeze over his nerves. The light shimmered across the torn fresh, rebuilding it slowly and giving back some of the lost blood to the veins and arteries that were being recreated. The priestess put the dagger down and put her other hand next to the first, allowing the holy power of Rada to pour from both of her hands. Carianna sighed as the bright light radiated out of her hands as she felt the very spirit of Rada around her.

Dernek sighed, watching the priestess work. She was a good priestess, despite her disagreement with that fact. She was smart, well-trained, and focused. She wasn't naive like he thought so many priests of Rada were. She understood that battle would never be eliminated from the world. She was beautiful too... If she wasn't a priestess, he probably would have proposed to her long ago. She was everything he could want in a woman. And she could always win a fight without actually hurting anyone. She was unique... A worthy wife for a great man; if she was available, that is.

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:52 pm 

Cian nodded as Carianna removed his shirt to examine the wound; the boy flinched as she spoke. He'd been hurt before, more times than he could remember, but never anything as serious as a dagger in the side. As the priestess tended to him, the boy became embarrassed about the many scars, which covered his back, all were the results of Emir's "teaching" many a night had passed when Cian felt the sting his former master's whip. Carianna's sharp voice shocked him into focus as she spoke, and then more so when she finally removed the dagger. But, despite burning pain Cian never uttered a sound, not a yelp, scream or even the slightest cry the only thing apparent was the boy gritting his teeth and clenching his eyes shut. But, as soon as he felt the healing energies of the priestess's holy magic's coursing through him, he let out a slight sigh. Looking back at her through gray-eyes the boy smiled briefly and spoke.

"Than..Thanks, that thing was becoming...bothersome."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:52 pm 

Carianna Mareleth's eyes fluttered for a second as the light flickered and faded away. The pain was gone for the most part and the blood had stopped, but the puncture remained. The puncture itself was far too deep to seal herself. That would be for the head preist of her temple to do. She reached into the bag she had dropped and pulled out a clean, white cloth. "Hold your hands in the air..." she commanded as she grabbed his shirt and lifted it off him completely. Although she noticed the many scars, she did not say a word. She wasn't disturbed by them. It just reminded her of her own back. She wrapped the cloth around his waist, over and over and over again until it was tight, covering his wound. She tied and tucked the cloth and pulled out a pin. She stuck it in the merger of clothes to hold it in place. "Don't take that off until we get you to a town with a better healer than me. The wound is much smaller but still open. It isn't bleeding either. But it could start up before you recieve better treatment. So leave it there. Don't mess with it. Here is your shirt, if you still wish to wear it..." she said, putting his shirt in his lap. "Do you need anything else?" she asked, looking past the scars and his embarrassment. Her eyes never left his.

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:53 pm 

Cian grimaced once as Carianna dressed his wound, as she handed the boy back his shirt, he put it back on quickly. Checked his armlets and repositioned his thieving tools in various pockets sown into his shirt. After finding everything in place to his satisfaction, the boy turned towards the priestess and gazed at her with gray-eyes speaking in a soft, yet grateful tone.

"Thank you, I'm okay..I...don't know how to repay you or your head priestess for helping me..I mean when she finishes what you've started. I didn't..think that holy people helped people like me, I thought healing were for those of wealth...I was wrong."

Glancing around, the young thief saw his companion Cip smiling Cian attempted to rise as he spoke once again.

"Good..I'm glad Cip and your friend are both okay, and you ofcouse also. It's my own fault, I know better. I should've kept my eyes and ears alert, usually I could've dodged that blade. I let my mind wander..can't do that again..ever."

Cian was disgusted with himself, after all he'd been through and his training. He hadn't paid attention in a crucial moment and it could've cost him his life, and he'd never find his sister then. The boy thought to himself as he made his mind clear to be more alert in the future. If he was going to be any good to Ciprian, he'd have to do much better than this, which would be a good reminder from now on everytime he glanced down at his wound.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:57 pm 
Z's Account

Once the mercenaries were bound, Ciprian pointed them out to Agel. "Keep an eye on them, boy," He ordered. Agel tossed his head and whickered obediantly. If one of them moved, the horse would whinny to alert Cip. He crossed the road to Cian and the priestess, and as she healed him, he noticed the scars over Cian's dark skin. It only fueled his desire for justice to actually see what Emir had done to him.

Ciprian crouched beside Cian and laid his hand on his shoulder. "Don't blame yourself, Cian," Cip soothed, "You're not to blame. You haven't failed." Cip stood to give Carianna a deep bow, the kind usually reserved for nobility. "Thank you priestess, I am in your debt. I am Ciprian Tremas, Knight of the order of the Braver
Might," Ciprian straightened and put his hand on Cian's head of black curls. "This is Cian, I just found him Lesmoa. The poor boy has had a rather tradgic life. I'm taking him back to Roid so I can find a way to right at least some of the wrongs he's suffered."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 pm 

Carianna put a finger to his lips, quieting him. "Priests and priestesses of Rada do not discriminate. I am living proof of that... We help all of those, including those without the money for donations. We rarely even accept them at my temple. The knowledge we gain from each person we help is far more valuable than any currency. In fact, tonight, when we arrive at my temple, I insist you stay the night. You may even hear an interesting story or two to prove it..." she said, with a half grin. She was hesitant to tell anyone her story. She used to in the early days of her priesthood and people looked down on her. Only the priests and priestesses didn't. They said they could gain knowledge of the world from such stories. She knew it was possible. She did.

She stood up and bowed. "My name is Carianna Mareleth, Priestess of Rada for the temple of Roid. My friend is Dernek, a trainer of knights in Roid."

Dernek stood over to the side, watching the captured ones. He didn't trust a horse to watch them all. He barely trusted most anyone. He trusted Carianna because she did put all three down for the count for the most part. At least, for now. Hell, she could probably do that to him. Better for her to be a friend. I would hate to have that kind of feeling on me, he thought...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:00 pm 

Cian rose slowly and glanced at Dernek and Carianna and spoke.

"Nice to meet you both, Carianna..Dernek thanks for helping us. I'm Cian, and to give you an answer about those men...they work for a slaver named Emir. He wants me back..I escaped from him."

Once of the mercenaries heard the boy speaking and despite his weakened condition shouted in a hateful tone.

"Shut your gullet boy!! When Emir hears of this he'll do worse than give ye the lash!"

While his companion roared his displeasure, Ranth reached into his belt pouch, hoping no one would notice his actions. Pulling a small vial fourth, the mercenary considered his options as he considered his next actions.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:02 pm 

Carianna's face took a much different expression then. "It would be wise of you to keep your own voice silent, mercenary. Take it from one who knows wisdom well," Cari ordered sharply. "Your work is against all belief in the human life and its liberties. If that is so, then wisdom might suggest you lose yours in payment for the deeds you have done." She turned away from the merc and smiled to Cian. "Worry not. You are a slave to no one. There are histories of priests of Rada that could be as shady as your own. If others can attain freedom from the chains that bind them, so may you. My temple, you may find, might be a good place to start. I assume you are headed towards Roid, yes? My home is there and I would be honored to have you both eat with me. After we deliver these criminals to the justice system, of course."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:05 pm 
Z's Account

Ciprian considered Carianna's offer. It wouldn't interfere with their plans much, especially since they would return to Roid later in the evening. The next day Ciprian could speak to his commanding officer, though the mercenaries would definately be held overnight for questioning the next day. Perhaps Cari and Dernek could be persuaded to help them find Emir. "Thank would be very kind priestess," Ciprian replied. "We'll certainly join you for supper." Ciprian glanced down at Cian. "Tomorrow, I'll speak with my CO and we'll decide what I can legally do about Emir. I'm sure he'll help you Cian."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:06 pm 

"Very well. Then I think that covers everything. Well, besides how we plan to transport our prisoners to the local authority..." She said, looking back over at the three whose strength had returned. "If you don't mind, I need to go check something..."

Carianna walked over to the head mercenary and sat down in front of him, looking at him. "Answer me this. If a scrawny bull stood in your path, what would you do to continue down that path?"

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:06 pm 

Ranth heard the priestess coming and quickly attempted to hide the small vial he'd earlier removed from a belt pouch, when she approached him the mercenary eyed her warily but said nothing in response to her query. The other two mercenaries had also gone silent saying nothing, seeing that their leader had opted to say nothing as well.

Cian turned to Cip and spoke, the boy walked alongside the knight as he eyed the three captive men. Something didn't seem right, perhaps it was his suspicious nature of Emir's men, but their silence was making him uncomfortable.

"Thanks Cip, I hope your commander can do something...I mean slavery is wrong and Knights fight that sort of thing.. I..hmn.. You know I don't like how they're being silent, it might be best to check them. A lot of Emir's men use poison, usually for their enemy's but..I would put it past some to use it on themselves to keep from being questioned..It's preferable to what Emir does to traitors least as I've...heard."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm 

Carianna smiled. "Afraid to speak? I had taken you to be wiser than you are, or let yourself appear to be. The wise and cunning would have responded creatively. The foolish would have had a blunt answer. And those that say nothing are secretive and angry. But what you don't realize about your path is that, in doing so, you showed me that your mind seeks or plans a way out as I speak. Those that do not answer believe that, even in their state, they are stronger and that they will prevail, by whatever means nessicary. It is amazing what you can learn from such a strange question, no?" She stood up, and winked at him. "Don't worry. I'll watch you like a hawk."

Carianna strolled back to the others. She caught everyone's attention. "See that one, whom is their leader? I suggest you strip him completely. Not even clothes. He has a plan to get out of his situation. It is much harder to pull a feat of escape when you are skin bare. On the level of revenge, it also serves the purpose of humiliation, if either of you who he assaulted wants it. At the very least you should take any equipment off him. If I were you, I would strip them down and wrap a blanket around them. You certainly cannot disturb the public. I have a blanket in my bag that may be borrowed..."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 pm 
Z's Account

Ciprian nodded in agreeance to Cian. He didn't need Carianna's confirmation to come to the same conclusion. "We'll let them keep their small clothes, if they have any," he told Carianna with a smirk. "No need to waste good blankets on them."

Ciprian strode across the road and waved for Dernek to join him. "Help me out, will you?" he asked the other knight, still unable to remember his name.

Ciprian went straight for Ranth and put his foot down on the mercenary's back. He noticed then that the mercenary seemed to be holding something in his fist, Cip's hand shot forward and gripped him by the wrist, painfully jamming his thumb between the tendons of Ranth's wrist, then pried his hand open...

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest