Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Return to Roid (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 pm 
Z's Account

Z wrote:
To save all our history for posterity, and boost members' post counts, I'm reposting old threads from the yahoo group and old forum. It may be a long and tedious task, but hopefully it'll be done and we can find all our history in one place!

After a long day's ride, the group crossed the West bridge onto the Great Delta Island where the Holy City sat. A gentle spring drizzle had started not far from the city, coming in from the east. On the western horizon the sun was nearly set.

OOC: Damn, I've had this open for about an hour and I can't think of anything else. Someone else do something.

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject: Re: Return to Roid (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:50 pm 

Carianna smiled at the sight of her home. Hardship and painful memories could not destroy the fact that she loved it. And look at it, she thought. It is beautiful this time of year. She grinned. "If you could have grown up anywhere else, would you?" Cari asked, hanging on to Dernek's hips.

"I don't see a reason to want to..." he said, looking ahead, then glancing back at their captives. "Why?"

"Just curious..."

The group rode onward to the gate. It was closed. On nights of inspection, Roid guards had the ability to lock the city for that night while they searched for a criminal or the like. They had just closed it. She yelled up to the gate man. "Hello? Anyone up there?"

A guard peeked down and began to yell back," you are going to have to come back later-"

"Open the gate," she interrupted.

"On whose word?"

"Mine..." she replied, looking to the others.

"Name yourself!" he declared.

"Carianna Mareleth. I am one of the civil working priestesses of the city. I have urgent needs to attend to in the city!"

"Hah! That's you, miss?"

"Sure is!" she called back, smiling.

"Hold on, I'll get ya through!" he yelled, jumping down.

The others looked at her strangely for a moment. "He frequents my classes..." she explained. In a few moments, the gate was rising. She waved Ciprian to lead them in, but she called a stop when the gate guard was waiting for her.

"When is your next class, Miss?" he asked.

"Not quite sure. If I can't get to it, Priestess Nalara will cover for me. Worry not. She is quite good at it. Better than me perhaps."

He nodded and they continued through as the gate closed again. "So... I suppose we have to find a barracks or something to drop these witless ones off... Do either of you know the city well enough to find it, or shall Dernek and I lead from now on?"

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm 

Cian remained silent for most of the journey as his side was throbbing; not that he was a stranger to pain. The large building where they entered made the young boy shiver slightly, and even more so when he saw the guard. Emir taught him to avoid places like this at all costs, being a thief some communities were rather harsh in their punishments. One could loose a hand, or an arm in retaliation for thievery, or worse. Glancing back towards the mercenaries he noticed the one called Ranth, taking every detail of their location in stride. The man was NOT to be trusted, he was already planning something, glancing over towards Cian the merc made a very nasty and dangerous remark in "Thieves speak", it was enough to cause the boy to shudder slightly.

Cian chose not to reply to the comment and did his best to remain focused on what was going on around him. Speaking to Ciprian the boy didn't want to take any chances.

"Cip..Watch Ranth, he's tricky. He knows "Thieves speech" he might try something whenever he gets the chance...he said, he'd slit my throat the first chance he got."

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm 

"He will be doing nothing of the sort," interrupted Cari swiftly. "I will put him down before he is even an arms reach from you. In no time, they will be put into the long arm of the law. And I am sure they will accept the wise words of a priestess of Rada when I tell them that these men are quite adept at getting out of situations such as these. If we must weight their entire body with welded metal balls, then we will..." she said, winking to Cian. "No one would dare sneak into a temple of Rada. You will be very well protected, Cian..."

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 pm 
Z's Account

Ciprian chuckled when Carianna asked how well he knew the city, "I've trained here since I was ten, sister Carianna," he replied. "I think I know my way around. I can meet you at the Rada temple, unless you want to come back to the knight's barracks with us?"

He only spared a glance back at the mercenaries, since Carianna had assured Cian of his saftey and threatened Ranth. Maybe it would be more comfort to Cian if she continued with them.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 pm 

Cian took some ease in what Carianna had said as they continued on their journey. The throbbing in his side continued as they rode, to pass the time the young thief turned and spoke towards the priestess.

"Unng..h..Holiness can I ask a question? Um..It will sound foolish..but, would you pray for someone close to me? I don't know how and with these mercenaries that have been after me..I'm a bit worried about them."

That someone he was worried about was his sister, Linette. Cian had no idea if Emir still had any hold or contact over his sister since they'd been sold so long ago. The thought that the slaver might use her against him filled the young boy with a sense of dread. It wasn't something he relished, and quickly pushing the feeling down he gave the priestess a smile.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 pm 

"I see no reason why I couldn't visit the barracks. The head priest of Rada is not expecting me back for another hour or so. I am welcomed there anyway..." she said, with a grin. She had recently been teaching a few of the knights there defensive tactics for making arrests without actually harming their prey. It was a good effort to keep the city peaceful, and she was pleased to do it.

As they made their way to the Barracks, Cian asked her a curious question. To pray for another? Why would that seem so unusual for him...?

"Don't bother with a title... Just call me Cari..." she said with a grin. "And of course I can. In fact, not only I will pray for this person for you this night. Usually, most priests pray to Rada once a night for those in the city who are of need. I can ask the others as well to pray for this one... Let us discuss it further at the temple..."

It was not long before they arrived at the Barracks...

Cari got off her horse. "Does your injury hurt alot right now?" she asked Cian. "I can dull the pain for a while if you want..."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:00 pm 

Cian smiled as the priestess words eased him, when she asked about his wound the young boy shook his head and spoke.

"No thank you holiness..I can manage till the healing you started is completed. Besides..the pain keeps me sharp, this way I stay alert..besides..won't you need your strength for other healing and stuff?"

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:00 pm 

"How many times must I tell you... My name is Cari. There is no need for a title..." she said, grinning.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 pm 
Z's Account

Ciprian carefully dismounted so not to disturb Cian's injury. "Go ahead and let her help you Cian, just relax, you're safe here," Cip assured him from the ground. He'd noticed that the boy was quite stubborn in refering to her as "holiness", he couldn't help but wonder if he was trying Cari's patience. Cip gave a little chuckle, it was a good sign, etiquette and tenacity were good traits in a squire.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:14 pm 

Carianna smiled. "You are outvoted, two to one," she said. "I will dull your pain. I won't really continue the healing, since it would be of little use. Oh..." She turned to Ciprian. "I assume you are going to turn in these men now? Make it quick. We wouldn't want Cian to have him getting sick because of his new hole..." Carianna said as she pulled Cian's shirt up so she could get a good look at it. "Mmhmm..." she muttered to herself like doctors did to mock-worry their patients. While she expected Ciprian to be hurrying along with his other matters, she began to pray.

"Rada, God of Wisdom and Pervayer of Peace. Grant unto this innocent your divine and benevolent light. Purge this victim of the pain that violence has caused..." The Priestess' hands flared with bright white light. The light curled and bent around her hands and into the wound of the young man. It snaked its way into the damage. To Cian, the magic felt like a cool, soothing breeze as his pain faded and the wound felt as if it wasn't there. She healed in such a way as to just cure him of pain instead of working on the wound itself. She would leave that up to the resident high priest. "That should do you fine until my superiors can complete the healing," she said, pulling his tattered shirt back down. She looked him over for a moment. "And then we will get a hearty meal into you. You look like you need one," she said, winking at him.

Dernek had strolled into the Barracks. He replaced his regular travelling equipment and put on a fresh pair of undergarments. He certainly would not go into such a respectable place as the Temple of Rada smelling like the stables. He returned in a relatively short time, before Ciprian got back. He looked over the horses that were spoils from the battle. He whispered to Carianna that they had found these horses without owners. She nodded. If they were of those men, they could be confiscated by the military. He and Carianna both knew that there were farmers outside the city as well as some needy in the city that a horse could solve a few problems for. And fine horses they were indeed.

The Priestess of Rada smiled, looking over Cian from a small distance away. Her mind asked questions about him, but her voice did not dare ask them. She knew what it was like to have a troubled life previously. She was always worried, in the Temple, that people would ask her what had happened to her. But, to her surprise, they never asked. She realized that everyone understood that knowledge is best gained when willingly shared out of true reflection, not harsh questioning. All it truly did was to stur up old emotions. She had learned that, and respected it. If she was to learn of Cian, it will be at a time of his choosing. She didn't expect him to understand the reasons and she didn't expect him to give her the same courtesy. Not many outside of the temple thought quite like that. She would answer questions when the time came, she supposed.

Where is he? she thought. For what seemed like a good, official knight, Ciprian was slow in getting things done. Or perhaps she was just too impatient to get home and get her new friends taken care of...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:15 pm 

Cian nodded and spoke, as he felt partially embarrassed at the fact he'd forgotten that the priestess preferred him to call her by name rather than use the formalities of title.

"I'm sorry, I'll..make sure to call you..um..Carianna from now on. I meant no what's..the word? Disrespect?"

Cian also took Cip's words into consideration after the knight had climbed down from his horse, and it made sense. There was no need in letting the wound get worse, which would inevitably mean he might get sick if such happened. Nodding towards the knight the young boy spoke once again.

"Mmn..You're right ofcourse Cip, what type of squire would I be if I didn't listen and let myself get sick. I guess...a pretty poor one, and I owe you too much to be a poor squire, thanks."

After the healing, Cian climbed down from his companion's horse with the help of the priestess only a slight pain could be felt as he did so. Which was much better by far than the discomfort he'd felt earlier, Cari's healing powers had saved him from what would've certainly been a sure death. At the mention of food however, Cian's face lit up and he gave the priestess a wide smile, speaking in a more upbeat voice.

"By the god's ye...I mean..I'd like some food if it's okay? I'm still learning proper manners, its not often I have a meal. Thanks to you and Cip this will make two I'll have had."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:16 pm 

Carianna laughed. "Your manners are better than most of the ones I help your age anyway. Many just call me 'girl'. And I did insist you eat with me. Cooking isn't my top priority in life, but people say I can whip up a mean stew..." she said, winking at him. "I am also insisting you stay the night and sleep in a bed. And, if your wound is better, get a warm bath..."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:17 pm 

Cian's eyes widened slightly as he took in Carianna's words, the thought of sleeping on a real bed appealed to him greatly. It was rare when the boy had slept in anything more than the streets or perhaps a bedroll given to him by Emir. As for a bath, even he had to admit he needed one. Bathing was a luxury for the rich or so he'd thought, and a warm bath at that would be extremely welcome. Not that the young thief would have admitted it, but he was extremely tired having been on the run for days. Hiding and eating little of nothing had left him nearly exhausted; Cian had been traveling on adrenaline alone that could take one only so far. Turning towards Cip's direction the boy thought a moment, then turning back towards the priestess and spoke in a voice that did well to betray his fatigue.

"A..Real bed and bath? I'd welcome that greatly..Holi..I mean Carianna. But, I feel a bit guilty over accepting and not doing my duties for Cip... But..Yes, if it's okay I'll gladly accept the offer I am a bit tired. Thank you Carianna."

Cian was unused to such kindness; it seemed too good to be true. He kept expecting something to happen or some catch, thought in truth the boy hoped that it was genuine. So far he'd had no cause to doubt the priestess sincerity, she'd saved his life and now offered him food and shelter. To Cian it was far more than he was used to and far more than many of his fellow thieves who worked for Emir received at times. The boy managed a small but genuine smile towards the priest as he was grateful that this day not only had he made a good friend in Cip, but it appeared he was making a new one in Carianna and a chance at a better life.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:18 pm 

"It is nothing. It is as much of a pleasure for me as it is for you. I didn't dedicate my life to helping others because the pay was good, after all," she said, chuckling to herself. Where was that knight? Oh so slow. Whatever he was doing, he needn't hold up the wounded so!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest