Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Wakey, wakey, broth and more broth
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:11 pm 
Z's Account

Little_Knight wrote:
~Sil~

With a slight grumble, and a few complaints under her breath, Sil took over for Cip. Well, she wasn't really annoyed. It was just a ploy. Most mercs tended to do it, the difference was she wouldn't act on them while a novice probably would. Occationally throwing on wood into the fire, and taking bits and pieces from the leftovers, she continued on the rest of the night.

As morning broke, Sil prepared a light broth to build thier energies. Traveling on something to heavy made your reflexes slow, and even worse, you would be sleepy. When she felt the broth was hot enough, she sat up herself. Placing the gauntlet back over her heavily bandaged arm, she gave a call. "Come on, sleepin' beauties. The sun is out, food is ready, and plenty 'o time between sunrise and sunset ta travel.

KyliaShadowstorm wrote:
Kylia opened one eye lazily at the call, getting up a little slow she stretched and looked at the others. Travelling had always been good to her, though she would rather be in a warm bed.

"Morning to you as well, how long do you suppose till the others have to be woken up?"

She jested after getting ready for travel, making sure all was in order before even eating. She wondered how long Sil had taken to prepare the broth, but it was better than food right now.

"How long have you been up for, it is not good to travel in very little sleep."

She asked after accepting some broth, sitting by the fire she sipped at it. Now was also the perfect time to gather herbs, she knew what was in the area and what they made. Maybe she would ask Cian to join her, show him something to help if he ever was on his own in a forest.

Alera Tai'var wrote:
Carianna, unlike most travellers on the road, slept like a rock. Curled up underneath a mysterious stranger's cloth comfort, she had curled up like a baby and not moved since. Deep inside, it was instinctual reaction. In the worst home she could remember, it was how you slept after being reminded by so many men how dirty you were. It was a sign most wouldn't recognize and would pass of as merely being cold.

The call did nothing for her. Sil could have better served that time trying to break rocks with a thimble...

CiprianTremas wrote:
Ciprian woke to Sil's call, though he hadn't gotten a full night's sleep. He was grateful for the fact that there were no distubances in the night. The knight rested in his bedroll for a moment, fighting the urge to go back to sleep. He heard Kylia, but the rest of the party was still silent.

With much force of will, Ciprian said up and gave a jaw cracking yawn. At least Cian had another full night of sleep. Ciprian could function on less, and he was alert enough. Once he got some food in his belly, then he'd be set for the day. Tomorrow night, they would probably have an inn in Khina.

The knight climbed out of his bedroll and went to his squire. He nudged the boy's back with his toe. "Time to get up Cian, you've got a busy morning!" Ciprian called. He intended to show Cian a little swordsmanship this morning.

Sephtur wrote:
Cian woke with a start as Cip shook him, the boy was sweating and sat up slowly wiping the sleep from his eyes. “Is..is it morning already? Ok..I’m up..I’m up..anythings better than that damnable dream I was having. Oh and morning.”
He moved quickly rolling up his bedroll and began to make all the preparations to make breakfast as he was sure they’d break camp after breakfast. As he rolled up his sleeping wares the boy caught Cip’s expression then spoke, “What’s new today?”

The boy noticed most everyone else was awake which was good, he was sure he’d have a good bit of chores to attend to before they broke camp, it was just a matter of what was he supposed to do. He was sure Cip would tell him if there was something he missed.

CiprianTremas wrote:
Sephtur wrote:
He moved quickly rolling up his bedroll and began to make all the preparations to make breakfast as he was sure they’d break camp after breakfast. As he rolled up his sleeping wares the boy caught Cip’s expression then spoke, “What’s new today?”

OOC: Again with the not paying attention. Sil already made breakfast, hell, that's in the title of the thread! Don't try to do so much at once before Cip has a chance to respond, though what he was doing was very vague. I don't know what his "preparations to make breakfast" were. I'll assume he just climbed out of bed.

IC: Ciprian was concerned about Cian's dream, but they didn't have time to discuss it. "Get your things packed up, then get yourself a bowl of broth. After that, we'll get some training in with your sword," the knight explained.

Ciprian turned away and left the boy to his work. To save time, he turned back to his own bedroll and began rolling it up. He hadn't put on his armor yet, he would save that for after breakfast. While Cian was busy packing up his gear, Ciprian left his neatly piled by Agel's saddle.

The knight began towards the campfire, but he passed by Carianna who was tightly curled in her blankets. Was she cold...or was it something else bothering her? The violence she witnessed the day before might have traumatized her.

Ciprian knelt beside the priestess and shook her shoulder gently. "Cari? Time to wake up."

Alera Tai'var wrote:
And still, nothing. Ciprian's shakes did nothing to Carianna's seemingly invincible rest. As cute as a child, she stayed motionless. It was almost as if she was dead, if only her breath was not present.

Xian wrote:
Xian slowly got up off the ground, taking the time to wipe the sleep from his eyes. He moved closer to the fire and sat waiting to be served the broth. "G'morn." he said in the midst of yawning.

Despite how cutely Carianna slept, Ciprian was beginning to worry when she didn't rouse. He could see she was breathing, but why wasn't she waking? "Cari?" he asked, this time with more concern in his voice. He shook her shoulder rougher. "Carianna, wake up," he said firmly. He didn't want to get too worried if she was just a deep sleeper, but he already was.

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:46 pm 

Silk sheets on feather mattresses. Men with their smiles. Nothing between them but air and fear... She could feel their breath. Their strong hands grabbing hold of her by the shoulder and-

"Please don't..." the knight heard come out of her as he shook her awake. It was a whimper, like the last fleeting hope of a whipped dog. "Please..." Her eyes opened slowly, looking up to Ciprian with eyes that felt dead inside. It took a moment for them to focus and recognize him. "Ohh... Sorry..." she said in a sad voice. "Is it time to get up?" Already, her mood was returning. Those hazy, empty eyes were filling with every second, looking more and more like there was no tortured soul inside after all, as if he had imagined it.

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:10 pm 

Cian wiped his eyes again, and finally began to feel a bit more awake. Rousing wasn’t so difficult after awhile. He rolled up his bedroll, packed his gear then stretched with a low yawn.
The smell of food set his stomach growling and the boy headed over to the cook fire for a nice bowl of broth. It smelled good and he was famished, and if Cip had a sword practice scheduled for him today he was sure he’d need the food to keep him going. The boy spoke still trying to wake as he stretched again. “Morning..”

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:09 pm 
Z's Account

Ciprian felt a chill creep down his spine when Cari first woke to greet him. There was something wrong with her, more than a bad dream. With the nonchalant way she acted, it made him think it was a demon she had struggled with for a long time, and not the trauma from the day before.

The knight eyed her for a moment, concern heavy in his expression, but she didn't want to talk about it, so he didn't ask. "Yes, Silemria prepared some broth for breakfast," Ciprian told the priestess.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:42 pm 

~Sil~

Taking a small bowl of broth, she lifted up, and in a rather barberous display, drank it down without the use of a spoon. Using her free hand, she wiped off her upper lip, and licked it off her hand. "Not to shabby. Glad it didn't thin out."

She said to nobody in particular. Raising up, she walked over to the small horse that had been there the night before. It didn't really react to her presence, only giving her a rather lazy look. Taking out the feed bag, she filled it somewhat, and fit it over the horses neck. Even when eating, the horse took its leaisure. "Bloody lazy horse... if it wasn't fer the fact that ya don't spook, i'd 've gotten rid o' ya the day after I got ya."

The horse seemed to ignore her, its mouth moving lightly as it fed. "Me partner for a few years. Lareijae isn't much ta look at, and is a bit lazy at times, but i've yet ta see 'er spook. Jus' don't touch 'er flanks, she kicks if someone gets to close to 'em."

Albedo Oaks (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Azala (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Epros Telason (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Fenix Greywords (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:49 pm 

Xian sighed. "Can I have food please?" He rubbed his eyes lazily and let out a jaw popping yawn.

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:16 pm 

Cian looked at Xian and spoke to the large mercenary then towards Sil, “Morning, did anyone sleep as rough as I did?”

The boy looked at the woman and yawned once again, “Could I have a bowl of that too? I’m starved, Cip said I’ve got sword practice today. I’ve used a dagger lot’s of times, but is a sword more difficult? I could use some pointers, I like to know what to expect if possible.”
It was part of his old thief training, and Cian did as he’d always done before trying to prepare for a situation if possible before he under took it.

The large fellow who’d joined them seemed to be sleepier than he was, but the boy couldn’t tell for sure and spoke. “So Xian, what do you usually do to prepare for uh…practice. Do you practice?”

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:42 pm 

Xian shook his head. "I'm afraid that I'm self taught on how to use a sword. You can try to use my sword, but it's rather large for someone of your size." Xian grinned. "Most of my training came from tilling fields."

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:35 pm 

~Sil~

"I'm not gonna stop ya from eatin', but if ya expect me ta serve you yer food, i'd recommend ya gettin' yer arse ta be kicked from 'ere to Marmo." She said in a dry tone, rolling her eyes at Xian and Cian's permission question. She shook her head at Xian's comment. "The style of bashin' an opponant with somethin' sharp until its dead, eh? Well, it has the credibility of an anvil, but... if ya kill someone with it, I suppose it has to be at least somewhat effective."

Unsheathing her 'normal' sword, it revealed the subtle curve, and the thin blade of the weapon. "Well, a dagger 'as an advantage over a sword. Fits nicely in the hand and 'as zero weight. Unfortunately, it has no bloody range. Fer a boy like you... I recommend somethin' small, like a rapier or a firangi... maybe a gladius, since yer a knight in trainin' and such."

Moving over to Cian, she held the blade out. "But basicly... thats the killin' end, and what i'm holdin' is the holdin' end. The object is ta place the killin' in yer opponant, without 'em stickin' thiers in ya."

Resheathing it, she crossed her arms and smirked. "Unfrotunately, mate, as a Knight, yer bound by codes of honor and such. Can't fight dirty. Me, I prefer to use every dirty trick in the book, confuse, and stab them in any place they leave vulnerable."

Albedo Oaks (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Azala (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Epros Telason (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Fenix Greywords (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:35 pm 

Kylia watched and nodded to Xian after he woke up, polishing her knives she listened to Sil talk about fighting. She had a point about fighting dirty, using poison in battle was just as dirty as her tactics.

"Morning Xian, how'd you sleep?"

She asked, standing up and stretching her arms by shadow fighting in measured and familiar attack patterns. After a few moments she sheathed her weapons, no need to have them out right now.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:42 pm 

"I don't have a bowl." Xian stated. "I don't mind serving myself, but I doubt anyone wants me eating out of the pot. As far as my swordsmanship goes, I haven't had any complaints. I can split a boulder clean in two with it." He acknowledged Kylia with a nod. He was a little surprised that she talked to him first when he had tore up their only lead to Cian's old master.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:29 pm 

Xian's sword was a in poor shape, but if he could fight with it then it was as good as any blade. Cleaving rocks into was quite the feat, he would need a bowl before they continued however.

"If somebody here can carve a bowl perhaps we could make you one on the way, for now you can use this. Don't worry it's not been used yet, and keep it."

She walked over to her horse and rummaged through a saddlebag, pulling out a larger vial she handed it to Xian. It was big enough to spoon some broth into it, and better for drinking it from. After that she started to prepare her Wildfyre for the day, making sure her partner was groomed and all comfortable packed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:52 pm 

All that talk about swordfighting left Carianna silent. The last thing she wanted was to watch them learn how to injure other people. Of course, the fact that she too had sword training didn't help matters; though hers was strictly disarming and defense, it was still education featuring an instrument of distruction. It was yet another of Cari's unusual practices that others in her temple did not like.

Very shyly, she took up a tin cup from dinner and poured some broth into it. If there was a corner of a room, she would have gone for it. It was so hard to try and ignore combat and everything else that her friends chose to do. So, she turned away with the broth and did her best to pretend that Ciprian wasn't going to teach young Cian how to kill people...

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:14 pm 

Cian got a bowl at Sil’s admonishment about serving himself and the boy poured a good bit of the soup then handed it to Xian and spoke. “Here ya go. And thanks Xian, I think I’ll follow Sil’s advice since a short sword and dirk work best for me.”

The boy found another bowl for himself and poured another helping then sat down to eat and looked up at Sil after she’d shown him her weapon. He knew well about dirty fighting and the ex thief spoke. “I’m well aware of killing in nasty ways, Emir taught me well. I was a thief and my usual methods of fighting won’t fit the knight’s code of honor I think. But that doesn’t mean I can’t use some of my old skills creatively right?”

He smirked mischievously and spoke again, “Only thing is once I learn to wear armor I guess I’m gonna have to learn to move in it. And all that heavy stuff really slows you down I’m told. I’ve been so used to being able to move with little resistance, that’s what keeps a thief alive good ol agility.”

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:33 pm 
Z's Account

While the others talked, Ciprian sipped on a tin cup of broth and gathered up the equipment he and Cian would need for training. He had been provided with a pair of wooden practice swords, which was what they would use for now.

When he finished his cup of broth, he headed back over to the cookfire where the rest of the party was gathered. Cian hadn't finished his broth yet. "Well, I see nothing wrong with using your old skills 'creatively'," Ciprian said with a wink. "We're going to need those skills for this mission," he added, a little more seriously. Looking up at Silemria, he wanted to make sure she intended to stay with them. She only hinted at joining them the night before. "Well, madam Silemria, what do you say to joining us? I could pay you as a mercenary, or we can go our seperate ways."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest