Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:18 am 

Xian nodded. He wasn't too fond of being threatened, even if Sil had her reasons. He didn't respond to Kylia's appology either, there was no point. She had watched her parents die, and in his opinion, that would be far better than not knowing their fate.

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:37 pm 
Z's Account

singularityman wrote:
“Sure thing, I could use a bit of exercise right now.” He thought about the tirade of shouting and pain he’d just heard, he wanted nothing more than to concentrate on anything other than bad memories than possible.
The boy took his practice sword then moved out into the area where Cip indicated and stood at the ready still trying to figure out the proper way to hold the thing. “I’m ready when you are Cip…sooo what first?”

-Tags-

Cian

Ciprian paused to see Cian's stance and the way he held the sword. "Just hold still for a moment, Cian," Ciprian said and walked over to the boy. He saw that he was holding it left hand over right, though it should be right over left. "Which hand do you write with? Err...well, the hand you do things with the most?"

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:09 pm 

Ciprian Tremas wrote:
Ciprian paused to see Cian's stance and the way he held the sword. "Just hold still for a moment, Cian," Ciprian said and walked over to the boy. He saw that he was holding it left hand over right, though it should be right over left. "Which hand do you write with? Err...well, the hand you do things with the most?"

Cian tried to hold the weapon as Cip showed him, it was different than wielding a dagger. This required both hands and more concentration, when Cip inquired about his use of which hand before the other the boy thought a moment then spoke. “Oh…my left hand. I’m better with it than my right. I just seem to use it more.”

He tried to get his footing right and waited for Cip’s next instruction.

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:17 pm 

Carianna sighed at Sil's touch. The Rada priestess didn't make much of a move for anything. She bit her lip and wiped her tears off quickly, hoping no one would see them. "I'm ok," she said quietly, looking up with a pathetic looking smile. It was a weak attempt to look realistically comforted, but it was all she had and she was trying.

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:52 am 
Z's Account

singularityman wrote:
Cian tried to hold the weapon as Cip showed him, it was different than wielding a dagger. This required both hands and more concentration, when Cip inquired about his use of which hand before the other the boy thought a moment then spoke. “Oh…my left hand. I’m better with it than my right. I just seem to use it more.”

He tried to get his footing right and waited for Cip’s next instruction.

"Huh, well, then you have that right," Cip replied, surprised to know Cian was left handed. It was rare. "Just hold it like that, left hand over right so you lead with your strongest hand."

The knight looked over Cian's stance again, the boy was way too tense. Suddenly, Cip batted the practice sword with his own, knocking it out of Cian's hands. "You're holding it too tightly. You need to be relaxed so you can follow the motion of the blade as it moves. If you're tense, the sword moves you, you want to be the one who moves the sword. Keep your body at ease so you can move more fluidly. Now, pick the sword back up."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:21 pm 

Ciprian Tremas wrote:
The knight looked over Cian's stance again, the boy was way too tense. Suddenly, Cip batted the practice sword with his own, knocking it out of Cian's hands. "You're holding it too tightly. You need to be relaxed so you can follow the motion of the blade as it moves. If you're tense, the sword moves you, you want to be the one who moves the sword. Keep your body at ease so you can move more fluidly. Now, pick the sword back up."

Cian picked the sword backup and held it again taking his stance once again, the boy worked it over in his mind trying to keep in focus everything Cip told him. The tenseness from before was gone, mostly. And the former thief watched his grip on the practice blade and made sure it wasn’t as tightly held and gave Cip a nod. He was ready to try again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:32 am 
Z's Account

Ciprian batted Cian's practice sword again with his own, testing Cian's control.

OOC: We need to go on a posting spree for this, Keith. Posting once a week will take forever, and we don't have forever. We need to get this plot moving, so this practice needs to go by quickly.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:55 pm 

Cian regained the practice sword and took a stance once again, then prepared to have a go at it again with the knight. The boy tested his grip and tried to remember as he moved warily and thought. *Gotta remember my stance…not too tight…not too loose… Gotta wait till he moves then try my chance at seeing if I can bat his blade…*

Cian stalked around Cip like a panther watching it’s prey, only the little panther was little more than a kitten. Cip was the real great cat here, and the boy knew it hoping his speed would make up for his lack of skill…. There was just one problem with that plan. Cip was at least as fast as Cian, and that’s when he wore armor. *By the fates…he’s fast.. Every time I move he moves faster.*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:58 pm 
Z's Account

OOC: I'm assuming Cian controlled his sword then?

Ciprian watched with approval as Cian succeeded in holding onto his sword, but then Cian began to circle him. "Stop," he commanded. "Don't make a move in training until I tell you. We need to cover the basics before we get to sparring."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:57 pm 

Carianna sighed as she watched Ciprian teach the young boy how to fight. Of all the things to teach Cian, why war? Hadn't he suffered enough in his life? Carianna knew what Cian's life must have been life. She could sympathize with that. Why did Ciprian have to encourage more pain? One could deal with an enemy without killing him. Cian's old master was a man, like his thugs were. Cari could stamp out his will to fight and they could deliver him to justice. Knowledge of the blade wouldn't be necessary.

But there they were, training to kill. Truth be told, Carianna could use a sword, but she knew very little about attacking someone with it. Defense was quite another thing though. She could block almost any sword swing accurately. Carianna shook her head sadly. No words would be able to convince them not to study this. All she could do was minimize the pain that both their enemy and they themselves would cause...

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:35 pm 

Ciprian Tremas wrote:
[Ciprian watched with approval as Cian succeeded in holding onto his sword, but then Cian began to circle him. "Stop," he commanded. "Don't make a move in training until I tell you. We need to cover the basics before we get to sparring."

Cian stopped but the boy wasn’t happy with doing so, he was used to using his agility and speed to avoid attacks, but knights trained in an entirely different way than thieves. When a Knight couldn’t dodge or use his speed, he had only his skill and strength to rely upon.
The grey-eyed boy gulped and nodded then took his stance again, his hands hurt and his arms felt a bit tired. Mostly it was his hands that hurt. Cip tested his grip on the practice sword but the boy had held onto it when the knight batted it the second time.
Cian was worried if he could keep hold of the weapon with more strikes like that last one. But he’d agreed to do this….and Cip wasn’t being mean, he was teaching him the bare basics needed if he ever wanted to follow through and become more than just a knight.

“Okay…no moving then. Um…how..nevermind. I’m ready I can do this.”

((OOC: Yep he did hold onto the blade but just barely.))

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:24 pm 
Z's Account

OOC: Tired of dragging this out, moving forward.

Ciprian continued Cian's training for at least an hour. He didn't want to waste much time, but he covered most of the basics of controlling a sword. Usually squires had a few months to master the basic handling before moving up to actual sparring. Ciprian would have to speed things up. Cian was probably tired by now, and Cip had worked up a bit of a sweat, but he felt invigorated by the early morning exercise. "Alright, that's all for this morning. We'll get some more practice tonight. Pack up," he ordered Cian. He tossed his practice sword and caught it backwards, so the tip was pointed to the ground, then went to his horse.

"Let's break camp everyone. We should make it to Khina or Manni tonight if we leave now," Ciprian announced to his entire company as he walked.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:16 am 

Finally given the order to pack up and move out, Xian took to his feet. He had nothing to pack, so his job was relatively easy. "Ah'right, let's go then." He said, picking up his pack and sword, and falling in behind Ciprian.

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:34 pm 

Kylia packed up at the notice as well, making sure not to leave anything behind.

"Let's hope for a smooth trip this time, we've had enough surprises for this leg of the journey."

She seemed optimistic they would make it there without trouble, though she knew not to underestimate their enemy at this point.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:24 pm 

Cari was thankful that the lesson in murder was short and, more importantly, over. She didn't want to think that, after all Cian had seen of suffering and pain, that it was a good thing to cause more. She picked up everything she had, which fit neatly in a small bag, and awaited to leave.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Cian's Quest