Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for the Storm Lord

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Niklas's Return (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am 

Z wrote:
To save all our history for posterity, and boost members' post counts, I'm reposting old threads from the yahoo group and old forum. It may be a long and tedious task, but hopefully it'll be done and we can find all our history in one place!

~Niklas~

The priestess had been somewhat different than he was expecting. It wasn't a bad different, but most definately went against what he had heard. Before he left, he would have to visit her again and thank her.

Arriving in the bar once more, he noted Bella was still with Midau, the dark elf. He knew it wasn't a good thing to keep thinking 'dark elf' after the name, but it would take some getting used to. Taking off one of his gauntlets, he ran his hand through his light colored hair, and stopped when he saw that a third individual was there, he noted that the man was actually a bit short, and didn't seem built for combat. Strange, since many who were gathering around him seemed to be fighters in nature. As he sat down, he gave a light nod at the new commer, then looked over at Bella and Midau. "Well, by business with the temple has concluded."

Noticing the small box with the cover, he cocked his head slightly. "Sir, what might that be?"

Albedo Oaks (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Azala (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Epros Telason (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Fenix Greywords (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post subject: Re: Niklas's Return (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 am 

Ghorde left the temple a short time ago. However, with much chagrin, he realized that he still did not know his way around the tavern.

Exhausted and lost in the confusion of town, Ghorde began his search for a place to stay hopefully before nightfall.

Avion Ravenstorm* (A New Balance) - Profile
Ghorde Grufmaisen (Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 am 

Midau acknowledged the Niklas' return with a simple nod. There wasn't much to say, it was apparant that Niklas disliked him, even though no concern was voiced. It was due to his race, most hatred spawned from racial difference, he knew that lesson when he met the high elves. "The thing you make mention to is the boy's 'pet'." Midau couldn't shake his infuriation with the crude "justice" that Jereidon wanted. It reminded him too much of another young man whose perverted sense of justice caused Midau and him to come to blows. "So, how goes your valiant search, young man?"

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:34 am 

Jereidon did not have anything to say in reply to Midau's words, instead he looked to Niklas and indtroduced himself.

"Jereidon Thappis, my familiar in the cage is Neria. It is a pleasure to meet you, I am sure Neria would agree if she were awake."

He then sipped at his tea some more, he had to figure out what was going on. If he would not kill them, then how could justice be properly served?

Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:34 am 

~Niklas~

"My quest, as it stands, has turned up nothing. Its to be expected, however. The dwarf my master wanted me to find was suppose to be in Kanon. I came here to visit my father." The trip had incidently found him in the presence of a few minor nobles, apparently who had been a few of his sisters, brothers, and even mother. He had recieved the news from a servant who had stared at him a bit funny. "Its of no real consequence. It just means I travel early tommorrow towards there. I heard something about Shining Hill, I think i'll check there."

Noting the mage, he gave a small nod. "My name is Niklas. I hope I did not interrupt anything important you had to discuss."

Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:36 am 
Z's Account

"Where are the other two? The priestess and Ghorde?" Bella asked Niklas. She hoped that they would have a complete group, but then, they hadn't exactly agreed to travel together. Bella wanted to go with him on this quest, but then, she was hoping to travel with just about anyone.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:37 am 

Jereidon stood up and bowed to Niklas, he was trying to be polite here. This seemed like they were all a group to him, though he was sure that they could posssibly help him.

"You did not interrupt anything, I was just telling Bella about my reason for travelling. It is rare to meet a grassrunner amongst humans, you have quite a good companion here. If I may ask, which way are you headed, I am in need of some help finding a person important to me."

He looked back to Bella and sighed, he did put it all wrong to start. Correcting that mistake was key now, after all he was skilled in arbitration. His words were also directed towards Midau, so that he would realize that the young man was not out for revenge.

"I do not think they deserve death, but I want to see some good come of this. Even a confession that convicts them will be enough, though I do not know what it will take to get that. I apologize if I spoke with some anger before, it is just hard to talk about these things."

He smiled lightly now, Midau was not so bad even if he kind of creeped the mage out. Though as it was he may need help, perhaps they could help him if he did it right.

He looked to Jereidon first. "And if you do not get this confession of guilt? Then what?" he sighed. These kids were too young. Midau had seen too many wars start on Lodoss for the dumbest reasons. "So when do you head to Kanon? I'd be glad to accompany you in your search. Also, Bella," he said turning to the grassrunner. "I believe, with some luck, we could try to embark upon the Forest of No Return when Niklas's quest is complete."

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Jereidon had to answer that, but hurting them would violate his own principles. He would have to move on then, but how to say the hardest thing?

"Then I guess I move on and find my sister, at least if I cannot get justice for my parents I can find out what became of her. If she is alive then I will try to support her in their absence, so that they know she is safe. I cannot kill them, that would make the ideals I follow useless. I'll have to let them go..."

He then realized that it was not so hard, perhaps they would be happier knowing he followed another path than what he wanted.

~Niklas~

"The priestess is still at the temple, doing her best to gain Myrii's aid to warriors." He said, looking a bit thoughtful. Ghorde was a bit harder to find. "As for Ghorde, I can't say for sure."

He noted Midau and Jereidon were arguing over something, something about death. As a duelist, it was expected that he could die at the point of a weapon. "I head to Kanon early tommorrow morning, before the sun raises to high. I know the sun is cooler than where I come from, but... i'm used to Flaim still."

He seemed a bit surprised that Midau wanted to go with him. "If you want to come with me, by all means. Speaking of which, Bella... why did you ask about the priestess and Ghorde? Did you believe they wanted to head with me?"

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:39 am 

It was then, that Ghorde sneezed violently, feeling his whole body tremble.
Snuffling he blinked away the haze in his eyes and looked at his surroundings.

"Hmmm," Ghorde scratched his beard, "looks like I'll need to hurry."
His belly ached from hunger. Getting too involved with Myrii's blessings, combined with weeks of travel, makes one's stomache empty.

"Well," he patted his stomache, "maybe I should let you head the column,"
While he couldn't track an ogre in broad daylight, his stomache had gotten him out of some nasty situations. Namely, problems involving lack of food and shelter.

Closing his eyes he meditated for a moment, standing. "Alright, then I go this way," Ghorde manuevered between the crowds and bustling traffic to where his appetite told him to go.

With any luck, he'd find the tavern, and some food.

Avion Ravenstorm* (A New Balance) - Profile
Ghorde Grufmaisen (Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:39 am 
Z's Account

Bella grinned at Midau when he mentioned going to the Forest of No Return, though she wondered if it would be safe for him. Turning to Niklas, she replied to his question; "Ghorde sounded as if he wanted to tag along, at least."

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 am 

Jereidon was not sure what to do here, they all were very interesting but perhaps his magic might be useful. He should ask them to join, but he needed to ask soon.

"Would you mind the company of a wizard in your travels, perhaps I can find some of my own answers along the way. It is safest to travel in numbers, that is of course if you don't mind Neria as well. I have to be honest about her, she is a rather tame giant spider hatchling. She is covered up for the sake of Bella, but otherwise safe."

He could hear some tapping from under the chair, she was getting bored and waiting to get out of the city. Though he had a few things to do, maybe they would not allow his request due to her though. He hoped they would, a chance to help others in their journey and carry on with his own.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:40 am 

~Niklas~

"I suppose i'll have to find him to, before I leave." He said absently. Although something told him that wouldn't be quite as hard as he might normally think. When Jereidon said he wanted to join, the young warrior cocked his head to the side. "A wi...zard?"

He honestly had no idea what that was. He had heard of shamanists, primariy due to combat training against possible elven opponant. That had revolved around never staying in one spot for more than a second, and stay away from anything high. Keep to flat ground, and use the elf's speed against them. The term spider, however, rang clear. "You own a large... spider? Thats a bit disconcerning, but i've never been one to be afraid of large bugs."

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:41 am 
Z's Account

"I could try and find him," Bella said. Using Sylph, she could use the air elemental to scout the city and find the old soldier. However, fae were not too good at indentifying humans. They were always aware of their shaman kin, but humans had no connection to them--for the most part.

The grassrunner slipped out of her chair and walked out the door. She couldn't call to the spirits in the stagnant air indoors. Outside, she climbed up on a barrel outside the inn to be higher up when she summoned. Some humans stared at the tiny woman curiously, but she ignored them as she began to call to Sylph in grassrunner, "{Might Spirit of the Wind, come to me,}"

A breeze passed over the street and swirled lightly around Bella. "{I seek a human by the name of Ghorde, an aged man who I met today. The man is as tall as two of me, his hair is the color of earth and stone, and covers his head and face.}" Bella explained the best she could to the spirits, but it seemed they understood. The breeze left her as the spirits searched the people of Roid and confered with each other.

It took about ten minutes, which dragged on for Bella. By time the spirits returned to her, she was sitting on the barrel, impatiently tapping her heels against the wood. A Sylph spirit beckoned to her, asking her to follow. Bella hopped off the barrel and followed the lead of the feminine fairy. She hoped they had found the right man.

The grassrunner picked her way through the crowd, following the lead of the fairy. She walked about four blocks until she saw Ghorde, who looked quite lost.

"{Thank you, Sylph,}" Bella said and the spirit flew away. The grassrunner ran toward Ghorde, the clicking of her heels on the cobblestone announcing her approach. "Hey Ghorde!"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for the Storm Lord