Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Adventures in Lodoss » Adventures in Lodoss RPG

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voyage to Marmo [Private]
 Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:01 pm 
Z's Account

Elohssa lowered her head as she walked, and a lock of her flaxen blonde hair fell forward. She gently pushed it back behind her ear. "Well... it's not a happy story," she replied. "I was unwanted by my mother, and when the Marmo left the island, she locked me in a closest while she and my older brothers left to get on the boats. It was during the resurrection of Kardis that I escaped, and I wandered the abandoned streets until a dark spirit passed through me and stole my life." Elohssa was not adverse to telling her story, and this was quite an abridged version. She was very honest, and speaking about her troubles helped relieve the pain.

"And then, I was enveloped by a warm light. I heard Marfa's voice, though I don't remember much of what she said, and then I awoke on the street, and the clouds had cleared. I started to wander until I was found by some soldiers, and I felt as if they would keep me safe. I believe it was Marfa guiding me. I was just a child, so I easily won their sympathy, and they took me to the naval ships in Salbad where I was to be taken in as an orphan. I was put on the same ship as Leylia and Neese, and they were curious about me," the half-elf's tone had become more joyful as she recalled meeting the priestesses. "Leylia believed that Marfa had saved me and brought me to her, so she took me with her to Tarba where I began my training as a priestess. A couple years ago, I was sent back here to assist Lady Neese. There were a lot of reasons they wanted me to come back, but I'm continuing my training under Neese's guidance. When it's complete, I will return to Tarba to be raised to a full priestess, then depart on a pilgrimage across Lodoss."

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:40 pm 

Rhisana walked in silence for a time, absorbing what she'd been told. It was a sad story, but there was beauty in it as well. "Thank you for telling me Elohssa." she said at length. "You've seen things no one should see, let alone one so young, but you've come out stronger for it. You'll make the church, and the goddess proud, I'm sure of it."

Rhisana sighed softly and ran her fingers over the side of her jaw, gathering her thoughts. "Well, I see one brother found his way back to you." she said, giving Adriel a smiling look. A sudden thought occured to her, and she turned back to Elohssa. "Where was your father in that story? Or was he... Oh! I'm sorry." she interrupted herself, feeling like a fool. "I'd heard stories that Marmo was dangerous even for its natives."

Bastion Ulbrecht (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Gaidrich Kaitar (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:00 pm 
Z's Account

Elohssa turned her head away to avoid looking at Rhisana when she brought up her parentage. Her brothers--her human brothers--were two people she hoped to never see again.

Adriel suddenly spoke up, aware of how upsetting Elohssa's past was for her. "She is my half-sister, we share a father, not a mother," he explained. "From what I understand, our father raped her mother."

The half-elf nodded. "Yes," she said, wiping a tear out of her eye. "I only met Adriel two years ago, but he is a much better brother than the ones I grew up with. To be honest, I had two fathers; the man who sired me, and the husband of my mother. If not for him, my... step-father, I suppose, I wouldn't live today. He wanted to raise me as his own, as he had no daughters, but unfortunately, he died in battle and I was left with my mother, who despised me."

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:37 pm 

Rhisana stopped dead in the road. "Oh my.... Oh Falis! I'm so sorry Elohssa. If I'd... I didn't..." The only things that came to mind were excuses for herself, so Rhisana bowed her head to the half-siblings. "I just... I'm so sorry."

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 pm 
Z's Account

"It's alright, you couldn't have known," Elohssa replied, casting a glance back at Rhisana with an attempt at a friendly smile, though the conflicting emotions were still obvious in her expression. "Anyone born on Marmo has their own sordid past."

"At least, the humans do," Adriel corrected. There were many dark elves with quite ideal family lives, though Adriel's family was not one of them. His life, lacking a father, could hardly compare to Elohssa's misery, however.

Elohssa tried a slight smile. "You didn't have a perfect family life either. I know that much," she said. "You are Kiran's son, after all, right?"

"I grew up without a father, and learned that he was a womanizing, heartless wastrel when I was older," Adriel said with a slight shrug. "It does not compare to what you, or Mica, suffered."

"Oh..." Elohssa replied. She didn't realize just how little Adriel had actually suffered compared to herself. "I don't think anyone could compare stories with Mica and win..." Elohssa murmured.

Adriel scoffed slightly. Despite the fact that he had casually brought up their half-brother, the thought of Mica still angered him, and he had force the rage back under control. No matter what he suffered as a child, Adriel didn't see how he could justify killing Thiana.

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:38 pm 

Still shocked and saddened, Rhisana looked between Elohssa and Adriel. The new direction the conversation had taken had left her flat-footed, but she wasn't sure if she trusted herself to ask further and risk digging up more misery.

"Kiran..." she said softly, almost to herself. What demon possessed people like that? What right did they think they had, to force themselves on others? To create life and then leave it to wither?

"Have you... ever met your... birth father, Elohssa?" Rhisana found herself asking, suprised at the hard tone of her own voice. Looking down, she found her hands clasped together so tightly they shook. Standing still, she closed her eyes and breathed deeply, struggling to bring her emotions under control.

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:12 pm 
Z's Account

Elohssa stopped as she heard Rhisana's footfalls stop behind her. "No, I have not," she replied. "I can't say that I care to."

Adriel had paused beside Rhisana. He was rather struck by the coldness he now heard in Elohssa's voice, and he felt rather strangely defensive of their father. "He is not the man he was," Adriel spoke. He had seen enough during his hunt of Kiran to know that he had changed, though he couldn't believe it at first. He had yet to see Kiran since then, but he had run off into the forest with the child, Kailos. The fact that he bothered to rescue the boy spoke volumes enough of his change of heart. Were he the same man that had raped Elohssa and Mica's mother, and used his mother, Adriel believed he would have left Kailos to face Mica's wrath, no matter how helpless he was. Still, speaking up for Kiran was not something he ever expected to do.

Adriel stepped forward to lay his hand on Elohssa's shoulder. "Kiran would want to know about you to make amends," Adriel replied. "I don't think that there is anything he can do to fix your past, but he seeks redemption."

"I don't need him to make amends," Elohssa replied, rather sharply. "I don't need his apology to change my life. Marfa has done all that need be done." The half-elf's toned softened.

"Still, I think he would like to know you," Adriel replied.

Elohssa, who had avoided looking at anyone, glanced up at her brother with a slight smile. "I remember when we met, you were out for his blood," Elohssa said. "I will consider it." The half-elf wiped her face with her sleeve, then looked back at Rhisana with a weak smile. "Well, let's keep going. There's nothing you need to apologise for, Rhisana."

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:30 pm 

Rhisana took a final centering breath and returned Elohssas' smile as best she could. "You're a remarkable young woman." she said simply.

While Rhisana would have liked to leave this conversation behind, she couldn't help throwing a speculative look at Adriel. Out for his blood? the priestess thought.

"You've seen this man recently?" she asked, then scolded herself silently. Why couldn't she leave this alone? The topic clearly hurt Elohssa, no matter the brave face she put on.

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:30 pm 
Z's Account

Adriel sighed. He wasn't the most open individual, but he felt the need to explain the whole story to Rhisana now that she had gotten into the thick of it. "Two years ago, I set out to find him," Adriel explained. "Along with another sibling of ours, we tracked him down and confronted him, and he proved to not be worth the trouble." Adriel now, was the one who was reluctant to speak the whole truth. He was still haunted by Mica's actions that day.

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:23 am 

Rhisana nodded slowly to Adriels' explanation. "And this other sibling, that was Mica, correct?" she asked. The way the name had come up before suggested he was in the same boat as Adriel and Elohssa. Though she was curious to know where he fit into all this, she suspected his absence spoke volumes on that count.

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:05 pm 
Z's Account

"Yes," Adriel replied. "Well, he is one of them. We also have at least one other sister and another brother." The dark elf looked onward, casual in his explanations. He had to wonder if there were any other siblings left, and considering the life that Kiran led, it was rather incredible that they all came together. Perhaps it was the will of the gods, helping Kiran come to face the past now that he was willing to make amends.

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:56 am 

Rhisana shook her head. Five children. she thought sadly. All concieved through rape? Falis, I hope not! Before today she would not have believed anyone, even a dark elf, to be capable of such acts. Now, to her mind, Kiran was very much a villian, unworthy of his continued freedom.

"And so I know the story." the priestess said, walking up to stand beside the siblings. "I apologize again for my prying. I think you should put this out of your head, Elohssa. Don't let your 'father' concern you anymore."

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:49 pm 
Z's Account

Adriel scoffed lightly at the priestess' attempt to disuade Elohssa. However, he found himself in quite a strange position. Maybe he had forgiven Kiran without even realizing it.

"I will decide for myself," Elohssa replied to both, making her wish to end the conversation quite obvious without even having to say it. "Now, Rhisana, is there anything about Marmo you'd like to know? I'm sure if I cannot provide you an answer, Adriel can," she said, changing the subject to something less serious.

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:19 pm 

"Oh! Of course. Umm..." Rhisana was relieved at the change of subject, and cast about for a question. "It's not true that Persei is haunted, is it? Those sailors would have had me believe that ghosts walk the streets once the sun goes down. Of course, they also told me that Salbad was filled with monsters yet, and that's clearly false."

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:56 pm 
Z's Account

The half-elf gave a reluctant shrug. "Well, I suppose it is," Elohssa replied. "With all the malice and death that Persei has seen, there are many reports of spirits haunting homes and ruins. The churches have been busy exorcising places through the city for years though. I'd say that it's a great deal more comfortable now than it ever was, still!"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Adventures in Lodoss » Adventures in Lodoss RPG