Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Adventures in Lodoss » Adventures in Lodoss RPG

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voyage to Marmo [Private]
 Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:34 pm 

Rhisana nodded, her eyes on the city ahead. "I could feel it, while the ferry was coming in. The air itself has a charge, like it's at war with itself." She looked back to Elohssa with a smile. "Though with the churches putting down such strong roots and striving so hard, it's surely just a matter of time until the island fully heals."

After a brief pause, another question occured to the priestess. "What are the remaining dark elven clans doing in this new world? I'd heard they hadn't all left. Are they at peace with the settlers, or do they just avoid them?" She seemed to be asking Elohssa, but her eyes were on Adriel.

Bastion Ulbrecht (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Gaidrich Kaitar (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:03 am 
Z's Account

"There is only one clan," Adriel corrected her. Since Elohssa knew little of her own race, he spoke up. "There have been issues between the dark elves and Flaim, but we avoid each other for the most part," he explained, briefly.

Elohssa cast a glance back at her half-brother. "From what I understand, the dark elves haven't been very pleased by the presence of Flaim, because of injustices certain individuals have suffered by fearful humans. It was rumored that they supported an attempt to take back the island by remaining Marmo soldiers a couple years ago that failed."

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:31 pm 

"Yes, I remember hearing about that." Rhisana was embaressed over her brief displey of ignorance, but she carried on. "Well, it hasn't been so long since open war was the way between humans and dark elves. It's no wonder the two sides want little to do with each other."

The priestess smiled at Adriel. "You must be very proud of your sister. The work she does goes a long way towards healing that devide."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:16 pm 
Z's Account

Adriel was rather dumbfounded by the question. In truth, he didn't care to see dark elves and humans united, just so long as he didn't have to watch his back amongst humans and they gave the dark elves their space. He had no opinion on Elohssa's career choice; after all, she was already a priestess in training when he met her. "Err... yes, I suppose," he responded reluctantly to Rhisana.

OOC: I want to get to the city in a post or two, but I didn't feel right just moving on from here without a reaction from her. If you want, you can go ahead and move us along to Persei, the walk should take an hour or two, I'd think.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:58 pm 

Rhisana had to hide a smile at Adriels' reaction, which she translated as embaressment. She hoped he'd soon see there was no reason for that.He puts on a grim face, but I think there's still some hope in there, she thought as she followed the siblings down the road.

Some time later, after a journey spent the rest of the way in silence, they reached their destination. Persei was smaller then the great cities of Lodoss propers' kingdoms, but Rhisana couldn't help but stare as she and her guides drew near the gates. The way was open, but a number of guards milled about the road, staying out of the light traffic as well as they could. There didn't seem to be any emergency however, and Rhisana assumed the guards were just another produce of where they were. The priestess held back, waiting to go off of Elohssas' lead.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 pm 
Z's Account

The guard gave only a passing glance at the travelers, recognizing Elohssa's garb. The half-dark elf priestess was rather well-known around town, especially by those who frequented the Marfa temple. However, the men's eyes lingered on Adriel. Though they trusted Elohssa as a ward of the Duchess and Marfa priestess, they couldn't bring themselves to be totally at ease with the full-blooded dark elf that tagged along with her.

As the trio entered the city, it appeared to be a bustling town much like many other Lodoss cities. The streets were lined with stalls selling produce from the local farms, there were shops to fill most needs; tailors, blacksmiths, goldsmiths, cartographers, inns, a horse market, taverns. Persei was no longer "Dark Town", a city cloaked in darkness and ruled by the corrupt council and violent gangs. The town was a mix of old and new buildings, some buildings which had seen recent repairs after lying derelict for decades. The population of the city was predominately human, but occassionally there was an individual or two that reminded one of just where they were. They passed several dark elves who walked with an aloof arrogance, and most who saw the three travelers gave a nod of familiarity to Adriel, whether he knew them or not. The dark elves, for all their supposed independence, still craved the validation of their own kind. Goblins also made appearances throughout the market, mostly doing heavy labor for human employers. Elohssa had people greet her as well, shoppers and passersby who recognized her from the temple offered smiles, blessings in Marfa's name, and friendly greetings, though Elohssa did her best to move by them as quickly as possible.

"Welcome to Persei, Rhisana," Elohssa spoke with a grin. Obviously, the young priestess had a bit of pride in what the city had become.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:37 am 

Rhisana beamed, trying to take in everything at once. "This is fantastic!" she exclaimed. Though the aura of danger still hung in the air, it was now shot through with the vibe of life and community. It all seemed wonderfully new to Rhisana, though much of what she saw could have been from any other city back on Lodoss proper.

With a breath, the priestess steadied herself. Gaping at everything as though she'd just fallen off the hay cart wasn't the first impression she wanted to give to the city. "Where to first? Your home temple?" she asked Elohssa as calmly as she could, though the excitement was still fairly evident in her voice.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am 
Z's Account

"Yes," Elohssa said with a nod to Rhisana, though her brows furrowed. "I'm afraid my duties won't allow me to give you a tour, but perhaps Adriel can assist you."

"Sister, I know little of your city," Adriel protested.

"I'm sorry, Adriel," Elohssa replied with a shrug. "I have to focus on my studies though. Don't worry about it, Persei is rather safe now, and I spend so much time in the temple that I wouldn't know what to tell you about the new places in the city!"

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:41 pm 

Rhisana tried a friendly smile on Adriel. "You don't have to guide me if you're busy. I'm sure I'll see plenty of Persei if I just wander around. Of course...," the smile turned slightly mischevious, "...we could both look around. If you don't know the city very well yourself, now'd be the perfect time to learn it. I'll do all the wondering at new and amazing sights if you'd like. That can be undignified." Rhisana wasn't sure how Adriel would respond to being teased, but she felt the need to try and draw out the taciturn dark elf.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 am 
Z's Account

Adriel tipped head away from Rhisana, putting his nose in the air indignantly. "Oh! Just go with her!" Elohssa insisted. "Why must you always be such a stick in the mud, Adriel? You're only seventy-two!"

The color actually rose in Adriel's dark cheeks as he turned his gaze back down to his sister with wide-blue eyes. He couldn't believe she actually revealed his age in front of a human! He was exceptionally young for a dark elf, but were he human, he'd be an old man, a grandfather, or even a great-grandfather.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 pm 

The revelation of Adriels' age caught Rhisana by suprise, but she remembered that dark elves shared their cousins' long life before she said anything foolish. Instead, she focused on Adriels' reaction.Was that a blush? For being so old in years, or so young for a dark elf? she wondered. "Well, you are a young man after all then, aren't you?" she said aloud with a smile. "That's like your twenties for a dark elf, correct? You know, you should act your age. It's healthy."

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:06 pm 
Z's Account

Adriel scoffed, but it was plain as day that the dark elf was still embarrassed. Truth was, Rhisana was right, his age would be equivalent to a human in their twenties--if not even late teens. However, as to acting his age, Adriel was incurably aristocratic, even for a culture that technically didn't have aristocrats. Sure, he was the grandson of an elder, but Adriel didn't stand much change of inheriting that position unless he proved himself to be wise enough 900 years from now.

"Let us see what this city has to offer," he spoke as he turned on his heel, trying to circumvent the conversation all together as he headed back toward the marketplace.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:59 am 

"Excellent idea." Rhisana said primly, though it was a struggle not to laugh. Who knew a dark elf could get so flustered? With a smile and a wave to Elohssa, she hurried to catch up with Adriel. While it was tempting to tease him again, Rhisana thought it would be wiser to give him time to collect himself again.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 am 
Z's Account

Adriel marched into the marketplace with nothing further to say, but he made sure that Rhisana didn't get left behind. However, as time wore on, Adriel forgot about her seeing his embarrassment as the distractions of the marketplace wore him down. The young dark elf found himself intrigued by the various things humans had to sell, and the occasional performers on the street. He hadn't realized just how lively Persei had become after Flaim took over; his only other visits to the cities had been brief and focused.

OOC: If you want to find something interesting, go ahead and come up with something.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:06 pm 

Rhisana followed along behind Adriel, smiling broadly as she took the market in. Perseis' marketplace was much like any other citys', but there was enough different to draw her attention. It was particularly hard not to stare at the goblin laborers, working exactly as men would anywhere else in Lodoss. This is fantastic! she thought cheerfully.

As they walked, a booth caught Rhisanas' eye. Drifting over, she eyed the small pieces of jewelry curiously.

"Like what you see, Miss?" the shopkeep asked with a broad smile. He waved his hand over the wares. "Authentic dark elven jewelry, impossible to find elsewhere!"

Rhisana was impressed, but didn't want to be taken in by a shyster. Fortunately she realized, she had a excellant source to ask. "Adriel?" she called, "Could you come here a moment?"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Adventures in Lodoss » Adventures in Lodoss RPG