Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Nat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Search for a Midwife
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:56 pm 
Z's Account

Thalia brought Amara to the local Falis shrine. Though Adan was technically in Valis, it was a major hub of commerce, so unlike other Valsian cities, it didn't have a major Falis temple, instead, Cha Za had a grand temple here, as did Myrii after the war, but the other gods only had small shrines throughout the city. Thalia had brought Amara to the Falis shrine, as it was closest, and after speaking with one of the priests who maintained it, she was able to get the addresses of several local midwives.

With that information, Thalia and Amara continued to the nearest address, belonging to a woman named Warina. Her home was not far off one of the main streets, and rather easy to find. Hopefully, she would be the one who would help them. Thalia didn't know if Amara could stand walking much further.

Upon reaching Warina's home, Thalia knocked on the front door of the narrow two-story building nestled between two other residences. Shortly, a middle-aged woman, rather thin and tall, with fair skin, brown eyes, and black hair that was marked with strands of silver, came to the door and looked over her visitors. As she saw Amara's stomach, she knew what this was about. "How may I be of service?" she asked the two girls.

Post subject: Re: Search for a Midwife
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:02 am 

Amara smiled at the sight of the woman. "Umm... Well, we are looking for Miss Warina. We came here to ask her if she can be my midwife," she said as she rubbed her stomach, which was beginning to hurt a little. Her feet felt like it was swollen a bit from walking and she was very tired. The girl maintain her smile as she tried to ignore the pains that was bothering her.

Lanir* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Linda Purel (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:17 pm 
Z's Account

"I am Warina," the woman replied, her eyes drifting down to Amara's stomach. After a brief moment's consideration, Warina stepped back, opening her door wide. "Come in, come in," Warina said, waving Thalia and Amara into her home and place of business.

Thalia stepped in first, finding a rather cozy room that served as the front for Warina's business. There was a comfortable looking couch and a pair of chairs with the same rusty colored, cusioned upholstry. There was a fire in the hearth, dried herbs hanging about, giving off a mixture of pungent, but rather soothing scents once they all combined. In fact, the smell made one rather hungry.

"Please, have a seat," Warina said, motioning toward the couches.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:56 am 

Amara stepped into the house right after Thalia. The girl's smiled widen as she watch room and a pink tint slowly appeared on her cheeks as she inhaled the different kind of scents that was in the air. The girl walked over to the couch and looked at the woman. "May we sit Miss Warina?" She asked as she inhaled deeply. The scent from the herbs was pleasing to her and, by the way it made her stomach feel, her baby.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:15 pm 
Z's Account

Thalia quietly stepped into the sitting room and sat down on the couch on the far left end, crossing her legs as she sat. She supposed she didn't have much to say here now, as the conversation would probably be just between the midwife and Amara.

"Yes, yes, I asked you to," the midwife replied to Amara as she shut the door. Warina walked around to one of the chairs and took a seat. "Well, my dear, what brings to a midwife so late in your pregnancy?"

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm 

Amara smiled at the woman then made her way over to a chair and sat. She looked up at Warina as she listened to her question. The girl thought for a moment before answering the woman's question. "Well," she began, "I was hiding my pregnancy from my family, Miss Warina." The girl sighed as she rubbed her stomach.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:30 am 
Z's Account

Warina clicked her tongue admonishingly. "Dear, oh dear," she said. "Hiding from the truth can only put you and your child at risk!"

Thalia protectively placed her hand on Amara's stomach. "Please, Madam Warina, Amara is aware of her circumstances," the priestess said. Amara had recieved the same lecture from Lien already, and Thalia didn't think that she deserved to hear it again. "The thing is, we are in the process of finding the child's father, and we need a midwife to travel with us to care for Amara. My knowledge of child bearing is limited, and though I could likely deliver the baby and heal any grevious injury sustained during birth, I know little of the actual issues in pregnancy."

Warina seemed rather annoyed with Thalia interrupting her, but she gave a heavy sigh. "I am afraid that I cannot be of service if she intends to travel, and I would advise either giving her a place to stay, or taking her directly home to complete her pregnancy," Warina explained, a harsh tone to her voice. The midwife sighed though, and before Amara or Thalia could protest, the woman rubbed her brow and began to speak. "If you insist on traveling, I do have an apprentice that I could send with you."

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:46 pm 

Amara smiled at Thalia when she came to her defence, but it soon dissappeared when Warina told them the bad news. The girl opened her mouth, ready to speak her mind, but the woman began speaking again. Amara thought for a while. Her head moving from watching Warina, to her stomach, and back to Warina again. "I would like to have the apprentice with us," the girl said as she looked at Thalia and smiled then looked back at Warina.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:12 pm 
Z's Account

Warina gave a heavy sigh of frustration, but it was the girl's prerogative and there was nothing the midwife could do about it. "I will tell my apprentice, and she can join you tomorrow, if you'd like," she said reluctantly. "Where can she find you?"

"We will be staying at Kigan's Inn, on the northeast side of town," Thalia replied.

"Very well then. I will send Liria to meet you there tomorrow morning," Warina said. "She will require payment for her services, however."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:16 am 

"Payment wil be no problem, Ms. Warina. But, do you know how much she, Ms. Liria, will charge?" Amara asked her.

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:23 pm 
Z's Account

"Enough to cover room and board for the duration of a trip, and a final fee after delivery of the child," Warina explained. "You will also need to pay for any expenses she may need, though she should have everything she needs to assist you. The final fee will probably be enough for her to profit on, and pay her way home; I would suppose around fifty gold at the end, but that also depends on how far away from Shining Hill you intend to travel with her."

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:18 pm 

"Fifty gold," Amara repeated as she inhale the lovely scents in the room. She thought to herself and nodded when she finally came to an agreement. "Hmm... That will be fine," the girl told her as she closed her eyes and sigh. Amara did not want to spend another night in this city, but for her soon to be born child, she was willing to.

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:16 pm 
Z's Account

With Amara's unphased acceptance, Warina nodded. "Very well then. Tomorrow morning Liria will meet you at... which inn again?"

"Kigan's Inn," Thalia supplied. "K-I-G-A-N. Kigan."

"Ah...yes..." Warina replied, committing it to memory.

Thalia stood and gave a slight bow to Warina. "Thank you for your time, madam." She glanced down at Amara. "Well, let's head back."

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:16 pm 

"Okay Thalia," Amara said as she placed her hand on the chair handle and slowly stood up. She bowed to Warina and made her way over to the door. "Thank you so much Miss Warina," She told the woman as she took her last inhale of the different scents in the room and walked out the house. The girl stretched and looked back at Thalia. She had a small smile on her face as she waited for the priestess.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 am 
Z's Account

Thalia said a final farewell to Warina and shut the midwife's door behind her, then joined Amara out on the street. The priestess gave a sigh of relief and looked at the sky to see the sun setting over the rooftops and mountains to the west. The day had passed much too fast. "Well, let's get back to the inn," she said to Amara. "I hope Azala's lead is good. Then we might be able end this journey shortly. Though I don't pretend to know what Nat will do..." The priestess sighed again. She feared the worst from the young man, especially now that she knew who his father was, but she didn't want to see Amara's heart broken--though it seemed as though it were already breaking.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: Search for Nat